Norton Security Questions

Reaction score
Hi All,

Its my first post so i hope i dont offend anyone.
Since starting to follow pc review my interest in security has spiked somewhat.
Would it be fair to say that if Norton tells me that an event has taken place called ikernel.exe and that it has modified my start up programs but i can remove it,should i? Will it cause any problems if i remove it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Toodle ooh
Zzzzzzz

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Sorry, but Norton & security don't add up ... ;)

Are you getting an error message ... if not, you should be able to leave it alone ... if you are, please post the error here.

The ikernel.exe is part of the InstallShield, you may see "warning" messages from Norton, or even Windows, especially when installing new software ... what you don't want to see, is warnings when you didn't do anything. :D

You can always get a second opinion from one or two of the online AV scanners such as Housecall & Kaspersky. :thumb:

Also recommended is, SUPERantispyware & MalwareBytes ... :nod:

welcome to the forums :wave:

:user:

Reaction score
Thanks for your help but to a greenie like me that info was too high tech. Did you mean that ikernel.exe is supposed to be there. Also i dont know where this installshield comes from . Is it a Norton or is it Microsoft exe.?i really am green.
Thanks again
Zzzzzz

Ask a Question