Windows XP Norton Goback Opinions ?

Reaction score
I am not having much luck with Windows Restore. It seems when I have problems with a software installation and try to go back to an earlier restore point it nearly always says "unable to restore no changes have been made".
I was considering switching it off and installing Norton Goback but would welcome anyone's views on this software before I buy.
Thanks

Reaction score
Ok firstly: does the software have full compatibility with your system. i know its basic, but it can catch people out. also what is the software?

Reaction score
Thanks.
Windows XP Home SP2 on a Dell 9100 with 500GB Raid 0 Hard drive. 2GB RAM. Pentium 4.
The Symantec Web Site says the spec is OK.

Reaction score
ok, then if its not your system, what was the problem in the first place, did it come up with any errors?

Reaction score
The Error message in System Restore was as i said at the start of the thread. "unable to restore no changes have been made".
I think some software must be causing the problems. I thought it be Nero Burning or Steganos Security Suite but not sure really. It happened after that was installed and although removed same problem. I am doing a Dell Restore to get it back to the shipping condition and this time monitor each piece of software I install. If system restore did not work last time I thought perhaps Norton Goback would be worth a try instead.
What do you reckon ?

Reaction score
Sounds like Norton Goback could work. if system restore is not working then by all means try it. :)

Reaction score
Personaly i never had any luck with system restore but Go-Back has allways worked for me

Reaction score
Thanks Frodo. Could you tell me what version you are using ? I believe that unlike system restore you can just recover individual files as well.

Reaction score
It is version 4:02 which comes with system works 2005,yes there is a file and version rescue although i haven't used that,hope it helps Tellboy.

Ask a Question