Northwind Database question

G

In trying to follow the Northwinds database sample, I am confused in the order of the components
I have a query that pulls up my customer information, my invoice information [instead of orders] and a query that pulls in the details of the invoice. The only trouble is, I can't update the invoice details. Northwinds version is updatable. I read the help and I'm just dumbfounded.
I'm really struggling with this and I'm not sure why. The main form is a query to gather the customer and invoice information. The subform is the details, bound by invoiceID. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong
Is the query the problem?
I know it's advised that I use an extended query like in Nwind, but I'll lose my history on pricing if I do that. Will I have better luck with both things if I hardcode the table and just pull/write there?

M

Mike Painter

Megan said:
In trying to follow the Northwinds database sample, I am confused in the order of the components.
I have a query that pulls up my customer information, my invoice
information [instead of orders] and a query that pulls in the details of the
invoice. The only trouble is, I can't update the invoice details. Northwinds
version is updatable. I read the help and I'm just dumbfounded.
I'm really struggling with this and I'm not sure why. The main form is a
query to gather the customer and invoice information. The subform is the
details, bound by invoiceID. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?
Is the query the problem?
Almost certainly. Chances are good that you have the wrong side in the form.

If you have an ItemID in the inventory table and an ItemID in the invoice
footer table you should be using InvoiceFooter!ItemID in the form.

Ask a Question