Nokia 6310i and Bluetooth

kristel

Blonde - But salvageable
Reaction score
Hi guys! I need your help!

I just got a lovely new Nokia 6310i and it has built in bluetooth, and came with the Nokia connection suite.

So, I borrowed my boyfriends bluetooth PC adaptors (USB 3com and USB TDK), installed them both at different times, tried them both but neither would allow me to use the PC software with my phone :( I got further witht he TDK device, as I established a serial connection using bluetooth and then tricked the Nokia software to think it was actually using the serial cable. I established a phone to PC connection but the software wouldn't recognise the phone was connected so I still couldn't transfer ring tones or graphics.

Has anyone been successful in using the nokia software with a nokia bluetooth device via a PC with a USB dongle?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
A Dongle?

"dongle"

A dongle (pronounced DONG-uhl) is a mechanism for ensuring that only authorized users can copy or use specific software applications, especially very expensive programs.

Common mechanisms include a hardware key that plugs into a parallel or serial port on a computer and that a software application accesses for verification before continuing to run; special key diskettes accessed in a similar manner; and registration numbers that are loaded into some form of ROM (read-only memory) at the factory or during system setup.

Wich OS are you using? ...
If W2K you'll need the IRCOMM update

kristel

Blonde - But salvageable
Reaction score
Ian! You are an absolute saint! That ocworkbench site looks very promising indeed ;) Thank you.

Ask a Question