NOD 32 error

Reaction score
I am currently using a trial version of NOD32, and am constantly getting an error whenever I am scanning a file I am downloading.

Like this one:

Error occurred while scanning MBR sector of the 4. physical disk. Error reading sector.
Error occurred while scanning MBR sector of the 8. physical disk. Error reading sector.

It's not always the same sector, but always the same message.

Can anyone tell me how I can fix this? I'd like to know if this can be repaired once and for all, before I go and spend the money on buying the software. Previously I was using Norton360, but it's using a lot of the memory, and when I had to reformat recently, the tech who was here suggested I use NOD32.

Thanks in advance
moscreations

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It may not actually be NOD32 causing that error, I'd suggest running "CHKDSK" from the run menu to check the integrity of your hard disk. It may be that you have some bad sector errors in the master boot record which need to be fixed.

Reaction score
OK running it right now, but I just had to do a clean install last week, so that shouldn't be the problem, but we'll see after completion
Thanks

pikakilla

Proud Cruncher!
Reaction score
This is not something to worry about.
Some drives (e.g., DVD-RAM or other optical drives) can be misidentified as local hard disk drives by Windows - it is a 'feature' of the drivers installed.
NOD32 then tries to access the drives and displays the errors you noted.

Ask a Question