No system sounds

G

I seem to have lost my system sounds--no startup, shutdown, or recycle bin sounds. If I play the sounds out of the control panel, they work fine, just not when they're supposed to. I've tried swapping the sound card location, reinstalling the drivers, reinstalling XP Pro, and using the fixes on the "Kelly's Korner" website...all for nothing. Any other suggestions???

G

I've tried that several times. Doesn't help. Troubleshooter is unable to help me with my problem. The weird thing is that I get all the sounds running under as administrator, or using a new user profile I just created...just not with the user profile I'm currently using.

G

I've tried that a few times. Doesn't work. The annoying thing is I can play the sounds there, they just don't work on startup or shutdown. Weirder still, I get the sounds when I log in as administrator, or using the brand new user profile I just created. Something must have gotten corrupted, and I can't figure out just where it is...

Ask a Question