NO SOUND IN XP!!!

G

Speakers stopped working, drivers are all correct, just stopped working in XP. I have researched this on the web, it seems that everyone knows there is a known issue with this but Microsoft.

Apparantly the Swenum.sys, and Swenum.inf drivers become corrupted and cause the speakers to stop working? I have not been able to resolve this issue, please give some new advice, the advice in ALL of the same previous threads were not the answer, nor did they help.

Kelly, you keep giving out the same WRONG answer, your links, and your answers do not help, or solve anything.

Anyone heard of this???

M

Mike

Look at the second post on this site and see if it works for you..

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1066427444

Speakers stopped working, drivers are all correct, just stopped working in
XP. I have researched this on the web, it seems that everyone knows there is
a known issue with this but Microsoft.
Apparantly the Swenum.sys, and Swenum.inf drivers become corrupted and
cause the speakers to stop working? I have not been able to resolve this
issue, please give some new advice, the advice in ALL of the same previous
threads were not the answer, nor did they help.
Kelly, you keep giving out the same WRONG answer, your links, and your
answers do not help, or solve anything.

G

You forgot to give some vital information such as who manufactured the sound card and which model. Very important stuff in order to help you. Is it onboard? Does it have digital capabilities? If so do you have digital output enabled? Are your speakers USB?

Unless you have a 1394 connection (Firewire) there should be no problem with swenum.sys
Here is what it is used for:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307736

If you play a song in Media Player for example does it appear to play but with no sound? Or does it error out?

With all that being said, I find it rather difficult to imagine that anyone in this newsgroup would help you after the snarky remark to Kelly. Do what most people in your position do.
Either take it to a shop...or have one of the crafty 12 year olds in your neighborhood have a look at it.
Other than that, thanks for playing.

Ask a Question