No Sound in MM2

G

Hi,

I am new to Movie Maker and am having some problems with it.

I am capturing film from a Panasonic NVGS11EB digital camcorder over a firewire connection to my PC.

I am following the MM2 capture wizard and can hear sound playing through the camcorder during this capture process. However, when I play back the clip in MM2 there is no sound at all.

I do not have any other connections from the camcorder to the PC other than the firewire as I understood this to be all that was necessary.

I have also confirmed that my PC speakers are functioning and have checked the camcorder and the tapes were recorded in 12bits rather than 16.

Does anyone have any suggestions as I would really love to get the sound from my holiday tapes as well as the visual stuff.

Many thanks in advance

Su

G

I am having the same problem when I use a firewire connection to connect my camcorder to my laptop. I can record the video just fine, but no audio is recorded.

I do not have a microphone on my computer. Do I need a microphone or some other "audio capture" device on my machine, or should the firewire automatically transfer the sound to my computer?

Thanks

Ask a Question