Windows XP no progress bar/icon transparent

Reaction score
Actually 2 problems been unable to resolve: (Windows XP, SP2, Avg free, Comodo FW, Adaware, SpyBot SD, HS Cable connection).

1. No green scrolling progress bar at windows update. However after a little wait, a popup comes up advising no updates available. Apparently only problem is no progress bar while checking. Have tried about everything, including dial-a-fix. M/S not to quick on responding.

2. Unable to make desk-top Icons transparent. Have selected and deselected check box for "use drop shadow for icon labels on the desktop". Appreciate any help.
dhac

Reaction score
mate welcome to the world of trojans!!! lol

Ok Hopefully u are using a good release of MS Win Xp. you need to download there version of defender this will get rid of the trojans and also the self extrating software that as installed without your knowledge.
Personally I find that if you save everything ona dvd or cd the best way is to check your registry and also your LMHOST file for changes.

this is very common in todays socisty of counterfiet software.

gavbam

Reaction score
gavbam:
Thanks for the reply. I did that. No problems found. Must be some missing .dll file. Regarding icon transparent, the only way I found to get this to work is a little program called "iconoid". However, every time I make screen change, I have to reload the program. Thanks again.
Don

Ask a Question