No private messaging

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
I don't currently have a great need for it, but why can i not use private messaging on the site.

When I click the Private Messaging link i get the following message:

Cache-man, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Is it because I'm a new member, or do i need to activate it somewhere. Like i said it's not too important at the moment, but would be a usefull feature to use in the future.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The PM system has a limit of about 10 posts and 5 days before it is active. We've had so many problems with people joining just to PM questions to people (as many as possible!) before posting on the forums.

Give it another couple of days and it should kick in :)

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Thanks for quick responce. I appreciate the situation. I was just curious.

Reaction score
bingo that explains why it wouldnt work work wehn i tried to pm u cache-man!

Ask a Question