No more iPhone.........

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well, that time has come, I've finally got bored of Apple and iPhones.... :lol:

I took delivery of a nice shiny new S4 this weekend, and must say I am loving it!

The screen size has been bugging me for a while now, and the fact that the iPhone hasn't changed much since forever made me think its time to go back to the green side. (I've not had an Android since Froyo/Gingerbread time)

Already binned Touchwiz in favour of Nova Launcher and much prefer Swiftkey over the stock Samsung keyboard (for now anyway!)

First impressions...?

- Awesome camera - Love the gif mode!
- Great screen - Though not fantastic in bright sunlight
- Love the look of it
- Much more refined since i last had an Android device.
- Tweaking and personalization has come a long way
- Forgot how much I missed widgets! lol
- Battery life isn't as good as the iP5

Will post up a pic when i get home.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Blimey! Never thought I'd see the day :eek:

The Fanboi has toppled from his pedestal ;)

Glad you be liking your new toy V_R :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Haha, Dunno about a fanboi, I wouldn't have classed myself as one, but i did like my iPhone, and still do. But its just started to bore me tbh. Apple seem to be a bit stale at the mo, nothing really happening at the mo, and nows a good time to sell the 5 while i can get good money for it. ;)

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I am jealous. I still have a good 6 months before I can upgrade, and can't really afford to buy a sim free S4

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Sounds very cool V_R, hope you get lots of enjoyment from your super new phone. :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Here you go then, a couple of quick pics.....

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC00741.jpg
    DSC00741.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 637
  • DSC00734.jpg
    DSC00734.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 660
Reaction score
I personally am not into mobile devices, I do have a mobile but not sure where it is and even if it is charged horses for courses but I am glad you are enjoying your new toy V_R:thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I personally am not into mobile devices, I do have a mobile but not sure where it is and even if it is charged horses for courses but I am glad you are enjoying your new toy V_R:thumb:

Ditto except I always keep mine fully charged as I keep it in case of breakdowns whilst travelling.

Looks neat V_R. Have loads of fun with it. :D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
What are widgets? Are they like apps?

A friend has got the S3 and I like how he can program conditional settings - eg when he is at work his phone is always on silent, when he is using the running app then text messages are read out to him, etc. Sounds quite neat!

I would certainly be tempted to get an Android when I get a new phone (which admittedly won't be for a while). I was originally put off by the larger size of the Samsungs, but I use my phone for emails and the net more than as a phone and I don't keep it in my pocket so the size shouldn't really be a concern.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yes they are basically apps that run on the homescreen, Like the calendar and weather in my screenshots. You can have all sorts, Twitter, Facebook etc. Just saves opening the app to see something. Quite handy. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So. Today I arranged for my S4 to go back to Amazon.....

Some kind of hardware fault that started on Sunday evening. It wont charge, it looks like its charging but it just sits at 0% with the charging indicator. The second i unplug it, it switches off. :/

It still works, as long as its on charge, but kinda defeated the purpose of a 'mobile' phone....!

But Amazon are already sending me a replacement which will be here tomorrow, Have arranged for Yodel to collect the old one tomorrow too.

I tried a different battery, factory reset, flashed the latest firmware via Odin. No dice.... :(

I've never gone this long without a phone .........! :cry: :eek:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Doesn't sound good! Amazon sound like they are on the ball though, so I hope all goes well with the replacement. Is this a known problem?

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your woes VR

I had no mobile for a week when my HTC went back to HTC for repair last week, it was a killer using an old Nokia again to text and call, I gave up trying to text people as it was far quicker just to phone them..:rolleyes:
Amazon are always amazing though! :nod:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
So you got the same as mine, black! :cool:

I think you will start to like it in the next few days once you use it, it has plenty of bells and whistles to play around with.

:cheers:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Haha, I've had it since May. :)

But I am getting a replacement due to the fault i described above. Hopefully it will be here today! :D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Haha, I've had it since May. :)

But I am getting a replacement due to the fault i described above. Hopefully it will be here today! :D

So what! Even Moderators can goof up sometimes :fool: