No Keyboard or Mouse

Steve

I was wondering if anyone might know why when I connect to my home computer
(WinXP Pro), using RDC from work (Win XP Pro) I can log in but the remote
keyboard and mouse don't seem to do anything. The mouse pointer moves but
clicking on items does nothing. I assume it is a router/firewall thing.
Can someone please tell me what I need to allow or what type of rule I need
to setup to make this work. I am actually behind two routers. I have a
Toshiba Magnia SG10 connected to the cable modem at work. I have a NetGear
wireless router connected to the Toshiba and I'm trying to use my laptop.
It really doesn't matter though if I'm behind the NetGear router or not.
None of the computers on my work network can use the mouse or keyboard when
connected to my home computer. My home computer is behind a NetGear router
but it does allow connections from other places via RDC or Even the WEB RDC
connection. I have setup a rule to allow access to it and have used it many
times from other locations. It's just something here at work. Thanks in
advance for any help.

Steven Liu [MSFT]

Hi Steve,

To the router, please make sure you have enabled the TCP 3389 port.

Please check which anti virus application is installed. Check its
compatibility. The Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition 7.5 will cause the
issue. Upgrade it to version 7.6 or later can solve the issue.

Also, check the firewall application installed on the computer. Enable the
TCP 3389 or remove the firewall application on the computer.

Thanks for using Microsoft News Group!

Sincerely,

Steven Liu

Microsoft Online Partner Support

MCSE 2000

This posting is provided ¡°as is¡± with no warranties and confers no rights.