No "Introduction:" Line on Email in Word 2002

Tom Duprex

In using WORD 2002 to send and email of a document I'm working on, I
click on the E-Mail button, and the E-mail editing screen appears with
my document in it, however, I am expecting to see an "Introduction:"
line just beneath the "Subject:" line that would allow me to add
information without placing the info on the document. It is not there
and I've not been able to find how to get it to appear.

How do I get the "Introduction:" line to appear?

TIA

Tom Duprex

Tom Duprex <tduprex[at]gtcinternet[dot]com> stated in

I do not see it in the E-Mail header nor at the top of the message
body, separated from the document by a line.

Suzanne S. Barnhill

If you're sending the document in or as the email, then it is the body of
the email. If you send the document as an attachment, then your
"introduction" is the body of the email.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.

Tom Duprex

If you're sending the document in or as the email, then it is the
body of the email. If you send the document as an attachment, then
your "introduction" is the body of the email.

Suzanne:

Thanks for the quick response. I understand what you are saying. The
reason for my question is that in looking at Special Edition Using Word
2002, chapter 7 "Using Word As an E-mail Editor" page 229 it says that
if you create an e-mail based on the document you are working on then
you either get the Introduction line in the email header if the
recipient's e-mail client is Outlook 2002 otherwise it appears at the
top of the message body, separated from the document by a line. In
other words if I'm sending the document in or as the e-mail I should be
getting this Introduction: line either in the header or in a separated
line on the email body. Is this correct? Or more bum information?

This is really no big deal to me. I can and have been living without
it. I was just reading about and trying Word 2002 e-mail capabilities.
This Introduction line seemed to be worthwhile. I understand your reply
completely and had I not run into the Introduction line explanation in
Special Edition I wouldn't be pursuing it.

TF

Tom

I think you are slightly misinterpreting the meaning.

When you have Word open and create say a letter, if you use File, Send To,
Email Recipient, then you will get the Introduction entry field appear
immediately below the To, CC, BCC, Subject fields before the document pane.

If you are using Outlook (with Word set as your email editor), when you
create a new email you do not get this option. It only happens when you are
using Word (or Excel) and use the Send To option.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Tom Duprex" <tduprex[at]gtcinternet[dot]com> wrote in message
: "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <[email protected]> stated in
: :
: > If you're sending the document in or as the email, then it is the
: > body of the email. If you send the document as an attachment, then
: > your "introduction" is the body of the email.
: >
:
: Suzanne:
:
[...]

Okay, I guess this is an Outlook thing. I use Outlook Express as my mail
client, so I was not seeing this. According to Terry's reply, you should be
seeing it.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.

Tom Duprex

Okay, I guess this is an Outlook thing. I use Outlook Express as
my mail client, so I was not seeing this. According to Terry's
reply, you should be seeing it.

I understand what happens when Outlook is my mail client: I should see
the header Introduction line if I am using Outlook but not Outlook
Express. Correct?

I use Outlook Express. Shouldn't I should see Introduction: appear at
the top of the message body, separated from the document by a line?

Suzanne S. Barnhill

No, this is evidently an Outlook feature. You will not get this using OE.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.