NMTracer.dll

livfree

A NetMeter.exe screenbox appears at each sign-on
stating "This application has failed to start because
NMTracer.doo was not found. Re-installing the application
may fix this problem."
This began as a trojan virus was infecting. A new
windows program was installed and this box has appeared
since. There is no NetMeter programming installed and we
can't find this NMTracer.dll program to get rid of this.
Any help?

Carey Frisch [MVP]

How to remove NetRatings from system?
http://www.2-spyware.com/parasite-netratings.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"livfree" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message:

|A NetMeter.exe screenbox appears at each sign-on
| stating "This application has failed to start because
| NMTracer.doo was not found. Re-installing the application
| may fix this problem."
| This began as a trojan virus was infecting. A new
| windows program was installed and this box has appeared
| since. There is no NetMeter programming installed and we
| can't find this NMTracer.dll program to get rid of this.
| Any help?

Mike Bright MSP

livfree,

This message is probably appearing because when you
removed the tojan it removed the file NMTracer.dll.
However a program / dll is accessing it or running it
when the PC starts up.

The access to this is likely to be setup in the
registry. The main question is who comfortable are you
with the registry.

You best option it to launch regedit and search through
for references to "NMTracer.dll", then manually remove
them one by one.

Hope thie helps

Mike Bright MCP, MSP

e:[email protected]