NLB to use more bandwith.

Osman Bor

Hello,

I have one server and it has 2 nic's.
For now i'm using 1 nic as default, but now i need more
bandwith because i must sent more data on the network.
I have actived the second adapter but it send and receicse
no data. only if you use the ip-adres as servername.

How can i activate the second nic in windows with NLB so
that
windows uses to send data with it?
i dont wont to use NLB to balance to another server but
only to combine the 2 nics to have more bandwith for the
server.

Kind regards.

Curtis Koenig [MSFT]

Hi Osman,
It is not possible to use NLB on one computer with 2 adapters. NLB in
Windows 2000 can only be installed on one adapter and it can not be used to
balance a load between 2 adapters in a single comptuer. While Windows 2003
can enable NLB on 2 adapters on the same server they can not be members of
the same cluster and thus can also not accomplish this task.

The only way to do what you are asking is to use hardware NIC teaming.
__
Curtis Koenig
Microsoft Clutering Technologies Support
MCSA, MCSAS,MCSE, MCSES

Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may benefit. Thanks!
--------------------
| >From: "Osman Bor" <[email protected]>
| >Sender: "Osman Bor" <[email protected]>
| >Subject: NLB to use more bandwith.
| >Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:31:59 -0700
| >
| >Hello,
| >
| >I have one server and it has 2 nic's.
| >For now i'm using 1 nic as default, but now i need more
| >bandwith because i must sent more data on the network.
| >I have actived the second adapter but it send and receicse
| >no data. only if you use the ip-adres as servername.
| >
| >How can i activate the second nic in windows with NLB so
| >that
| >windows uses to send data with it?
| >i dont wont to use NLB to balance to another server but
| >only to combine the 2 nics to have more bandwith for the
| >server.
| >
| >Kind regards.

Osman Bor

i think you very much.

now i can stop testing it. i will try to use network
teaming.

Kind regards.