nice attitude

Reaction score
I just searched Google for a software issue I was having and found this forum because someone else had the same problem as me... I registered and replied I had the same problem, then before I could get help some dork closed the thread and acted like it was a big deal cuz it was 2 years old.... wtf?
Its not like I was dragging up someone’s old problem, I was merely adding mine to it in hopes that maybe some of the people that had replied to it in the past would have a solution....
So why not PM a MOD? cuz for some reason I don’t have that privilege... anyway your forum sucks you can delete my account, I can get help else ware.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear your upset about this forum i think if you post again someone would have been happy to of helped you. Your view however is wrong about this forum, but we live in a free society so your allowed your views however wrong or misplaced they may be.

Reaction score
another happy punter

As one dork to another, have a nice day and if you can't find what you want come back and someone my even help you, oh cheers for the kind words:rolleyes:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It's always best to start a new thread for a new problem, so if you do stick around, try making a new thread and I'm sure you'll get some help :)

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
It's always best to start a new thread for a new problem, so if you do stick around, try making a new thread and I'm sure you'll get some help :)

No Admin

unless u are being sarcastic you should put it a bit better than that!

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
It's always best to start a new thread for a new problem, no need to be so rude to us.
Consider your account deleted. We do not like or codone the likes of you on these forums. :)

thaths more like it!

on your bike son!

:)

psd99

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The PM facility doesn't open until you've contributed at least 10 posts, that's just the way it is, I ain't going into details here but believe me it's justified.

I don't know why the thread was closed, I'll have to search and take a look at that.

Attitude, as ever, is all. If you don't like it here, and you have such a short temper as to blow up like that without even asking why, then I'm really not sure that you'd fit in here.

We're even-tempered (most of the time ;) ), helpful and just about every regular here will help you, if asked in the right fashion.

Don't know what to say really, except I'm sad you got a bit upset and would like to suggest you start a new thread with your problem.

If, however, you find your solution elsewhere and you are still standing there with steam coming out your ears then firstly, glad you got it sorted and secondly, I don't think we'll miss you :)

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
The PM facility doesn't open until you've contributed at least 10 posts, that's just the way it is, I ain't going into details here but believe me it's justified.

I don't know why the thread was closed, I'll have to search and take a look at that.

Attitude, as ever, is all. If you don't like it here, and you have such a short temper as to blow up like that without even asking why, then I'm really not sure that you'd fit in here.

We're even-tempered (most of the time ;) ), helpful and just about every regular here will help you, if asked in the right fashion.

Don't know what to say really, except I'm sad you got a bit upset and would like to suggest you start a new thread with your problem.

If, however, you find your solution elsewhere and you are still standing there with steam coming out your ears then firstly, glad you got it sorted and secondly, I don't think we'll miss you :)

I second that Flops:thumb:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i remember reading the thread in question and all mucks said was to start a new thread and closed the old one, i have no idea why you would get offended over that :confused:

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
After reading Canadian-eh's other post, and reading Muck's comment, I can see how the guy may have been a little bit offended, but not nearly offended enough to have the rant he had in starting this thread.

I mean the guy found the thread through a Google search, and thought someone has had a similar issue, and others may be able to help, and posted in a seemingly relevant thread. Being a newbie, he wasnt to know that PCR's forum etiquete would prefer you to start a new thread, than piggyback someone elses problem. After all, different forums over the net have different policies and etiquete rules. He probabally didn't even notice the date on the thread.

Most of us here know mucks sense of humour - it's just how he is - and we wouldnt have him any other way, but to someone new, the comments made could come over a bit dry.

Now, I'm not condoning the post that started this thread, as it was a bit OTT and certainlly uncalled for, and Flops is right in saying that a person of this temperament, probabally wouldnt fit in here, I'm just saying I can see how Canadian_eh might have took a slight offence.

(Mucks - if your reading this, I just want to mention that my post is in no way a personal attack at you, I know to take you with a pinch of salt, and maybe a shot 'o scotch ;) )

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Cache-man said:
After reading Canadian-eh's other post, and reading Muck's comment, I can see how the guy may have been a little bit offended, but not nearly offended enough to have the rant he had in starting this thread.

I mean the guy found the thread through a Google search, and thought someone has had a similar issue, and others may be able to help, and posted in a seemingly relevant thread. Being a newbie, he wasnt to know that PCR's forum etiquete would prefer you to start a new thread, than piggyback someone elses problem. After all, different forums over the net have different policies and etiquete rules. He probabally didn't even notice the date on the thread.

Most of us here know mucks sense of humour - it's just how he is - and we wouldnt have him any other way, but to someone new, the comments made could come over a bit dry.

Now, I'm not condoning the post that started this thread, as it was a bit OTT and certainlly uncalled for, and Flops is right in saying that a person of this temperament, probabally wouldnt fit in here, I'm just saying I can see how Canadian_eh might have took a slight offence.

(Mucks - if your reading this, I just want to mention that my post is in no way a personal attack at you, I know to take you with a pinch of salt, and maybe a shot 'o scotch ;) )
Well said ... and very well put.

I'll hold my hand up and say I was wrong to close the thread & my 'usual' attitude was a little harsh. I'm not going to make any excuses, you all know me by now and I can't promise I'll not do it again.

I'm afraid I tend to forget this is not my forum ... I am merely a representative ... as such I should be setting a better example. Sorry to say but this leopard will probably never change his spots.

:thumb:

Ask a Question