Newsgroups

Zygy

I cannot get any Newsgroups for Windows 7 when I click on Tools/Newsgroups.
How can I correct this? Please use easy instructions since I am self-taught
user. Thank you.

DL

There arent any on the MS News server currently,
Web access only as posted in the prior msg to yours

Zygy

Hi, Thank you for the reply. The link you gave me is the best one for information on Windows 7! I finally found out that Windows 7 do not include Windows Mail as in Vista. You seem to be very knowledgeable, so, would you by any chance know how I can get something similar to Windows Mail to install it with Windows Vista?
no news groups for W7.
only web forums at this time

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7

(e-mail address removed)

I cannot get any Newsgroups for Windows 7 when I click on Tools/Newsgroups.
How can I correct this? Please use easy instructions since I am self-taught
user. Thank you.

David B.

You download and install Windows live Mail, or any other mail application
you want to use.

Hi, Thank you for the reply. The link you gave me is the best one for
information on Windows 7! I finally found out that Windows 7 do not include
Windows Mail as in Vista. You seem to be very knowledgeable, so, would you
by any chance know how I can get something similar to Windows Mail to
install it with Windows Vista?
no news groups for W7.
only web forums at this time

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7

(e-mail address removed)

I cannot get any Newsgroups for Windows 7 when I click on
Tools/Newsgroups.
How can I correct this? Please use easy instructions since I am
self-taught
user. Thank you.

R. C. White

Hi, Zygy.

We complained for years that Windows was bloated, and that each successive
version got bigger by including all kinds of programs that were not really
part of the operating system itself. So, Microsoft make Windows 7 less
bloated than Vista - by leaving out some programs, such as Mail, Photo
Gallery, Movie Maker, Messenger... But, for those of us who want those
functions - and don't want to buy a third-party program - Microsoft provides
the Windows Live Essentials. FREE!

Just go to http://download.live.com and take what you want off the rack -
for free. Download and install whatever you like. ;<)

I say it's like the Ford dealer saying, "No, the new car does not come with
a radio. You can go to Best Buy or Wal*Mart or wherever and buy the one you
like best. Or, just drive around back to our service department and we will
install one of ours free."

And, as Mikey said, Microsoft does not host any Windows 7 newsgroups; they
want us to use the forums. :>(

There is at least one Usenet newsgroup for Win7 (alt.windows7.general);
perhaps others will appear in time.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Zygy

Many thanks!I found your reply most interesting and helpful. Now I know
where I stand regarding Win.7
I think the prime mover to eliminate the items you mention and the
Newsgroups was Microsoft's effort in cost cutting. Look at the number of
people they are getting rid of.