Newsgroup time posting one hour ahead since upgrade to SP2

Cal Learner

I've just noticed that my newsgroup posting time is one hour ahead of the
time displayed on my PC.

Any thoughts?

(My PC now thinks it is 17:21. Check the displayed time in the 'sent'
column)

Your headers say Date: "Fri, 13 Aug 2004 17:20:49 GMT"

Perhaps in your local time settings, the timezone is not set
correctly, or adjust for daylight savings / summer time is not
selected on your computer.

Bioboffin

I've just noticed that my newsgroup posting time is one hour ahead of the
time displayed on my PC.

Any thoughts?

(My PC now thinks it is 17:21. Check the displayed time in the 'sent'
column)

John.

Tim Slattery

Bioboffin said:
Thanks for the reply, however, the PC is correctly set up (with daylight
savings/summer time), and Windows displays the correct time. It is only the
Outlook Express posting which is showing the wrong time. I suppose it could
be the ISP which is causing the problem.

Your message header is showing the correct time. What makes you think
it's wrong?

Cal Learner

Your message header is showing the correct time. What makes you think
it's wrong?

Look at the thread. You and I both replied to his posts before he
apparently posted them.

Bioboffin

Cal Learner said:
Look at the thread. You and I both replied to his posts before he
apparently posted them.

Another poster in a different newsgroup has reported the same problem. It's
the service provider, apparently.

Good old NTL.

John.