Ian

Administrator
Joined
Feb 23, 2002
Messages
19,873
Reaction score
1,499
It looks like the newsgroups section might have been the reaonson for google deciding to remove this site from the index, so I'm deleting the section now (which is unfortunate as it was extremely popular).

Hopefully google will come back and re-index everything soon :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Moderator
Joined
Mar 16, 2002
Messages
6,644
Reaction score
566
Agreed the newsgroup was very useful but I think google's linking carry's a lot more weight when it comes to the sites popularity. Many members here are members due to google, a fact which cannot be denied. :)

Ian

Administrator
Joined
Feb 23, 2002
Messages
19,873
Reaction score
1,499
Yup, exactly that :) I don't want to annoy the google-gods :D

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Joined
Apr 5, 2004
Messages
4,354
Reaction score
1
will you be deleting them completely or just stopping people from posting on them ?

Ian

Administrator
Joined
Feb 23, 2002
Messages
19,873
Reaction score
1,499
I was going to delete them, but on 2nd thoughts I'm just going to "hide" them for the time being so they are still accessible for people to read, but not indexed in google. If google say it doesn't cause a problem I'll stick them back :)