Newsgroup Folders Will Not Display

Russ

When I attempt to open Newsgroup folders (such as this one), I get the
following error message ...
Folder could not be displayed.

Windows Mail could not open this folder.

Possible Causes are:

Low Disk Space
Low Memory

April

I have the exact same issue. No one seems to have any answers. I have
recently changed over to Windows Live, and now I can see all posts except my
own. I HATE VISTA!!!

Russ

Helene,

I believe you asked if I speak French. Unfortunately, I do not. I wish I
did. I am an English speaker and can speak a littile (very little) Spanish.

Helene said:
bonjour

est ce que vous parlé francais

helene

Gary VanderMolen

There are two settings in Windows Live Mail that may keep you from
seeing your posts.
Go to Tools, Options, Read, uncheck "Get 300 headers at a time".
On the General tab, uncheck "Use newsgroup Communities support features".

Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

Gary VanderMolen

Try deleting that news account, then restart Windows Mail and recreate
the account. If no improvement, which antivirus are you running? Some
of them are not fully compatible with Windows Mail.

Russ

gary,

This worked. I'm not sure what difference it made, but it worked. Thanks.

Gary VanderMolen said:
Try deleting that news account, then restart Windows Mail and recreate
the account. If no improvement, which antivirus are you running? Some
of them are not fully compatible with Windows Mail.

Russ

Gary,

As I mentioned below, deleting the account and then recreating it solved the
problem. i actiually did not see this particular reply until I had tried the
other. But I have now gone back and removed the checkmark from the "Get 300
headers at a time". But on the General Tab, the other setting on the "Support
Features" was not on the tab. I also checked all the other tabs, too, and it
was not there. Evidently, I have a different version of Windows Mail than
you. I have version 6.0.6000.16386 (vista_rtm.061101-2205)

Gary VanderMolen

Note that my response was addressed to "April" who also posted in this
thread. April has Windows Live Mail. In your Windows Mail, go to Tools,
Options, and on the General tab unselect "Use newsgroup message
rating features". It's a very buggy feature, not ready for prime time.