Windows Vista New Windows

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Something has changed. :(

When I open a new window from a link it often fails to open full page (occasionally it does). A part page window is not the end of the world as it's easy enough to maximise it but is there a setting somewhere that will ensure that new windows ALWAYS open full page?

I've looked around in Control Panel and cannot find what I want. Am I missing something very simple? :blush:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry nivrip, I missed this one!

Does this happen in IE or is it another application?

I can't remember exactly how to force IE to remember the exit state, but give this a go. Drag the window to the size you want (not using the maximise button), then hold down shift and click File > Exit (you may press ALT to get the file menu to appear). If that doesn't work, try pressing CTRL instead of Shift. I know that used to force IE to remember the window size, so I hope it still works :)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, Ian.

It only seems to happen in IE. In Google Chrome all windows open full page. I have tried all combinations of your suggestions but no luck I'm afraid.

Ask a Question