New TFT screen and blurry fonts

Cicsso

Hi,

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I connected a new monitor
(screen) to the computer using windows XP. This screen is 17 inches and the
fonts are all blurry now. Same as before, but blurry. I am using the clear
type and it's better, but still blurry. Does anyone know what I'm talking
about??? Hope someone can help me!

Thanks in advance

Cicsso

T. Waters

Cicsso said:
Hi,

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I connected a new monitor
(screen) to the computer using windows XP. This screen is 17 inches
and the fonts are all blurry now. Same as before, but blurry. I am
using the clear type and it's better, but still blurry. Does anyone
know what I'm talking about??? Hope someone can help me!

Thanks in advance

Cicsso

Is your screen LCD?
Where did you get your LCD screen driver?
Where did you get your video driver?
Defaults from XP?

Sharon F

Hi,

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I connected a new monitor
(screen) to the computer using windows XP. This screen is 17 inches and the
fonts are all blurry now. Same as before, but blurry. I am using the clear
type and it's better, but still blurry. Does anyone know what I'm talking
about??? Hope someone can help me!

Thanks in advance

Cicsso

What does the manual list for preferred desktop size? Are you using that
setting? In no, give it a try.

Star Fleet Admiral Q

Cicsso,
One, make sure you have the correct "monitor" driver installed, as T.
Waters stated, Two, make sure you are running at the correct resolution,
refresh and screen depth recommend by the manufacturer, as Sharon F
indicated. Both the correct drivers and recommended settings can be found
at the manufacturer's web site.

If both of these fails, you can try going to the MS knowledge base and
searching on "clear type" - from there you can either download or use the
online clear type utility to "fine tune" your clear type settings.

I have 2 NEC Multisync LCD's, and even though I turn clear type on, I
still have to use the utility to make the type have the ultimate in clarity.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"

Dick Mahar

Cicsso said:
Hi,

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I connected a new monitor
(screen) to the computer using windows XP. This screen is 17 inches and
the
fonts are all blurry now. Same as before, but blurry. I am using the clear
type and it's better, but still blurry. Does anyone know what I'm talking
about??? Hope someone can help me!

Thanks in advance

Cicsso

I don't know if this applies to a TFT monitor, but on an LCD monitor---
CONTROL PANEL...DISPLAY...APPEARANCE...EFFECTS...CLEAR TYPE

Cicsso

Ok, thanks to everyone. I've had to increase the resolution to 1280 x 1024,
although it says you can use it with 1024 x 768, which is where I had the
problems. Then I installed the cleartype tunning powertoy and now it seems
to be much better, although I still think not as good as with the other
monitor I had, and besides with that new resolution, everything seems to be
soooo small. I imagine it's a matter of getting used to it. Thanks to
everyone!

Ciccso

Phillips

I rather messed up my font appearence using the clear type utilities; I had
to reinstall the drivers and then it worked OK.
If the fonts and icons are too small, you can increase their size in
DisplayProperties/Appearence/FontSize - for fonts. Then, under the same tab,
open the Effects dialog box and choose "Use large icons." Optionally, in the
Advanced window you can change icon size (and other desktop looks settings)
in "Item" drop down menu.
Michael

Kenny S

this is not a clear type "utility "I sent him its a powertoy. It has nothing
to do with drivers and is fully reversable.