New phone.

Reaction score
My wife and me decided that we would go deeper into the 21st century and buy ourselves new phones.We went for a couple of "Samsungs E250" It`s quite amazing what these modern phones have on board compared with our old "Siemens 55" These two have FM radio,and a camera. And it`s the camera that puzzles me. It takes nice photos,but if I want to down load them to my computer how on earth do I do it? There are no outlets like usb ports. Do I have to e-mail the pics to myself,for example?:confused:
historian.

Reaction score
At the bottom of the phone next to the charger point will be a line of contacts.

I'm not sure if you did but most phones are provided with a data lead which allows you to connect to your PC and upload from the cameras MicroSD card or the phones internal memory

Alternatively you could connect to your PC using a bluetooth dongle and transfer using the software provided again with the phone

Reaction score
Hi TripleDread.
Many thanks for your reply.

I`ve taken a look at my phone. Looking at the phone straight on,to the right is the ear phone/charger socket.On the left is the micro sd socket,and that`s it. It did not come with a data lead. I wonder if Samsung sell one? As for the "dongle" I don`t know what that is.
historian

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://uk.samsungmobile.com/mobile-phone/SamsungE250-spec#

Looks like it has a USB socket somewhere. Look at the link and expand the "conectivity" and you will see USB mentioned.

happywave.gif

Reaction score
Hi Abarbarian.
Thanks for your reply.
Under "settings" I`ve come across "USB settings" and under that heading I have two choises:
One is: Modem and the other is Mass storage. And then underneath is: save or cancel.There is no further info.
historian

Reaction score
Hi Abarbarian.

I`ve got onto the link you sent me,many thanks.
I`ve expanded the conectivity section and I did see the USB bit.But I`m none the wiser,it doesen`t say how to get to it or where it is on the phone.
historian

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Can't help further .
Me hates mobile phones , bring back carrier pigeons.
nod.gif

Looks like you will have to investigate the BlueTooth option .

happywave.gif

Reaction score
Hi Historian

The link below will take you to a USB Bluetooth adapter..Pretty easy to set up, once the USB stick is connected to your computer and set up, its just a matter of activating Bluetooth on the phone, letting it find your computer, then transferring your files

Link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Bluetooth-Adapter-100m-range/dp/B00008CM0M

Or

You could get the data cable linked below, which in my opinion is far easier to use..One end of the cable plugs into the bottom of the phone where the charger etc plugs in and the other end of the cable into a free USB port on your computer..USB data cable don't require Drivers etc...When you plug the cable in, to the bottom left of your screen you might see small pop ups letting you know your computer has found new devices etc..Let them run their course...Once all is done open My computer and you'll see your phone displayed..Just a matter of clicking on that and selectingthe files you'd like to retrieve..

Link: http://www.mobileguru.co.uk/acatalog/Samsung_E250_USB_Data_Cable_Software.html

Ask a Question