New Person with an MS Outlook problem

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I use MS Outlook 2003 and have recently ran into a problem where I get an error msg saying "Microsoft Word - Unexpected Error" and the program refuses to forward an email.

I have found answers from the Microsoft site which pointed to an infected archive.pst file which I believe is the source of the problem.

However their suggested fix does not work and the only way I could get rid of the problem was to reformat and reinstall everything. It has happened twice now in a month:mad:

If it happens again I will have to switch to Outlook Express which is a pain cos it does not have an integrated calendar function which I badly need.

Can anyone recommend a fix or an a good alternative email program with an integrated calendar??? :wave:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Hi Blue Moon - welcome to PC Review
happywave.gif

Mozilla Thunderbird can do just about everything Outlook can, and I believe theres an add-on available for calendar capabilities.

Its free, and will import all your settings/email addresses from Outlook - but can't import message rules/filters.

:thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys.

Can you tell me if Mozilla supports web based email accounts such as Yahoo?

Can you also give me the link to the add-on for the calendar function?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score

Ask a Question