New Pad New Life

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Dawn on the very first morning after me very first night in me new spot. Hurriedly taken as it was very early and the two lads hired to help with unloading the vans, had turned up on time
w00t-x100.gif
naturally me and the team were still waking up
sleeping.gif

My excuse, we had worked very hard the day before loading two vans and driving for seven and a half hours. The trip should have taken five and a half hours. Moral of this part of the tale, do not trust sat navs when travelling in Wales.

gyJGxpc.jpg

JDxyhmr.jpg

After taking the vans back to Cumbria on Friday I loaded the Kia up on Sunday and drove down to Wales. I was totally banjaksed as I had squeezed in a trip to York on Saturday. These are pics from me living room which overlooks the estuary taken during the day on Monday.

lvUBtHt.jpg

YnYGy8l.jpg

ALPn0lm.jpg

66Y1vn7.jpg

EIGFt3d.jpg

So here I am. New Year new life. How will it all end ?

breakfast.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
That's an interesting view from your back garden you have there. Welcome to your new gaff squire :cheers:

Looking at the pix I started singing Arnold Lane. Ooh, there's cryptic for you ;)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
It will all end well. :thumb:

The garden will keep you busy for a while. :D

And will you change your name to Adai? :D

Lost me with the last Q. Yer right garden will take some taming. Aye things generally turn out sort of well, just wish I did not take such a battering getting there. :lol:

Nowt wrong with a touch of the old Pink @floppybootstomp an so far it has been an ever changing view. Seems different every time I look out the window. For instance, yesterday with storm Barbara blowing I could not see the end of the garden all day till around three o'clock, then low cloud cleared and I could see right across the estuary again.

I'm going to get me an old gits bench to sit and view from.

:cool:

Reaction score
Great stuff glad you are in now, yes the garden could with some TLC but that will come in time as I expect there will be some decorating you will feel has to be done first:lol:. Great view of the surrounding countryside enjoy:thumb:. The main thing is you are in and happy I am very pleased for you.:nod:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Welcome to wales Abarbarian-bach! :D I hope you will soon feel settled and at-home in your new pad!

I see that you have inherited a greenhouse - great for growing a few tomatoes, or whatever you have a fondness for. :thumb:

Good luck to you. :cheers::cheers:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Welcome to wales Abarbarian-bach! :D I hope you will soon feel settled and at-home in your new pad!

I see that you have inherited a greenhouse - great for growing a few tomatoes, or whatever you have a fondness for. :thumb:

Good luck to you. :cheers::cheers:

There is a grape vine in the greenhouse with bunches of decaying grapes on it. Should be fine with a little tlc. :cool:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Congratulations on your new home @Abarbarian! :cheers: :dance:

That's a fantastic view you've got. Just in time for Christmas too - bet you're glad it's all done and dusted now, mind!

Ta.

Will be glad eventually. I have one more load of stuff from Kendal and one from York an then I can say I have moved.
Then all the altering and decorating begins :lol:
First on the list a cat flap and a micro chip for the cat. pparently you can get cat flaps that only open for your particular micro chip.

https://fetch.co.uk/sureflap-microchip-cat-flap-296473011

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
That's a really good idea! :) I would love to have a cat but found out yesterday that I might be allergic to them... :(

Have you got a lot of DIY to do on the house then?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
That's a really good idea! :) I would love to have a cat but found out yesterday that I might be allergic to them... :(

Have you got a lot of DIY to do on the house then?

I used to be allergic to cats and dogs but grew out of it when I was about 30 years old, I'm fine with both now. Horses, however, still reduce me to a sneezing red-eyed incapable wreck.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I used to be allergic to cats and dogs but grew out of it when I was about 30 years old, I'm fine with both now. Horses, however, still reduce me to a sneezing red-eyed incapable wreck.

Seems like I've done the opposite! Bit annoying as we've been thinking about getting pets. Oh well!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
@Becky I'm sorry to hear about the allergy problem. I wonder whether you would be able to tolerate one of the "hypoallergenic cat breeds" examples here... just a thought. :)

I'm not sure to be honest! We're visiting my friend in January and she has just got two kittens, so I guess I'll find out more about this allergy then. Hoping I don't turn out to be allergic to dogs too! Mum was allergic to both, and only developed the allergies at my age, so I guess it might be partly genetic.

Ask a Question