New OS's

G

Hello, let me start out by asking not to be dragged across the coals for this thought. I was trying to think about how the new longhorn OS is going to run. This new technology, will be different then any other OS on the market today. It is suppose to eliminate all known viruses, worms and so on.

Anyway to my though, is it possible to create an OS that run similar to a VOS (virtual operating system)? The OS would install on the box or remotely, and when a pc loads a map is created. This map would cache the application, drivers, and so on, so the users would have full function of the services. However, the original OS, would be untouched or would close after the function is called. This prevents, a virus for effecting the original OS files. If a virus is launched, all that is required would be a reboot on the system to call the original OS back into the VOS. All files created by the end user would be the only risk for infection. However, since these files are only open in the VOS, cleaning the infected system is minimum. A system administrator would now only have to focus on the infected file saved by the end user instead of re-imaging an entire system. With the flexibility of today’s speed and storage this should be possible.

I had the thought while discussing VIP address on load balancers for WEB servers using ASP and SQL. So with that said, SQL would be the OS, ASP would be VOS, and VIP would be the call of the application.

Ask a Question