New Monitor

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Below are my specs ... i need a new monitor desperately but want one that is relatively cheap and reliable ..(17") or if poss (19").

please everyone top 3 new please :)

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
I need a monitor with a response time of less than 16 .

Does this make sense for the newer games ??

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
If I were buying a tft display right now I think I'd go for one of the Samsung 17" or 19" models.

They typically have a response time of 4 to 8ms and most have DVI input for not a lot extra.

Quite an important consideration, the DVI input. It will add cost but give you a better display. A feature many peeps tend to overlook.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
im with flopps on Samsung their monitors seem to be decent, also may be worth looking at viewsonic and LG

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
w.bishop said:
I bought my 19" tft moniter from ALDI for £160 I am well pleased with it.

So what is it? Make? Response time? DVI Input?

Enquiring minds need to know :)

btw, what is ALDI?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Oh, right, kinda like a Nettos, innit?

Sortta makes Iceland look like a posh Pikey outlet :)

Um, where were we? Make? Response time? DVI input?

*yawn*

Reaction score
I was just trying to be hepful. The make is Gericom I have had it for a long time and I have thrown out the box with all the details, as I am a pensioner and do not use it for games I use it for my photography hobby,I am sorry I made you yawn,it will only take you a phonecall to find out.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
w.bishop said:
I was just trying to be hepful. The make is Gericom I have had it for a long time and I have thrown out the box with all the details, as I am a pensioner and do not use it for games I use it for my photography hobby,I am sorry I made you yawn,it will only take you a phonecall to find out.

Alright mate, sorry if I appeared stroppy, I'm getting too familiar with the regulars here and I do get kinda relaxed ;)

For the price, sounds like a fine Monitor :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Sony and LG....although i don't think you'll get a Sony for that money.....you will get an LG though, and they are damn fine monitors......right at the forefront of Lcd technology at the moment, the people behind HD technology to be precise.....:thumb:

Reaction score
Do not even look at CRTS

Or TFTs without DVI (though i can't really tell the different in quality between a VGA and DVI one just by looking at them)

Ask a Question