New laptop wanted!

Reaction score
Hey guys on the hunt for a laptop at the minute as I am at university and my computer is becoming too much to have to bring home every few months...monitor speakers etc etc.

Basically not looking for a gaming laptop, as my pc is a gaming one that I built, more of a 'can do everything easy' kind of laptop. Im looking for an i7 as I don't see the point in down-grading from my i5 PC and the difference in price between laptops aren't much at the minute.

The laptop I have found is this one currently http://www.dell.com/uk/p/inspiron-15-7537/pd?oc=cn75305&model_id=inspiron-15-7537

As my brother gets company discount where he works he can get me it for £679. So what do you guys think in comparison to other laptops around this price? If you know of a better laptop please let me know! thanks :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It's a lovely machine (even though it's a Dell) and at the price you can get it for that's a fair deal. Is the warranty the same?

However, it has Win 8 on it. And it's possible - especially if it's a Dell - that it won't run anything else other than Win 8.

If you're happy with Win 8 and buying a Dell - fine. Good spec, good price.

Personally I wouldn't touch either with a barge pole but that's just me.

Before you take the plunge take a look at the Toshiba range and also Sony Vaio - they're both good.

Oh, the spec of that machine will run many games easily I'd imagine, certainly rpg's and rts's though I wouldn't chance my luck with any fps's.

Reaction score
Hi mate thanks for the replies... I think the laptop is literally brand new and they haven't updated the info etc yet as its supposed to be touch screen... (not bothered but its a nice little bonus). Yeah im up for trying new things, windows 7 is kind of boring and win 8 seems a bit more fun if that makes sense aha ;)

Yeah all I have been doing lately is reading reviews and by the looks of it all brands have negative comments which makes it really hard to find who to go with... especially with the fact that most names other than dell are quite overpriced in comparison to say this laptop. Oh yeah definately, if i I was to play any games it wouldn't be anything major so not too worried about that.... Hopefully it will come on sale some time soon as its definately one of the nicest looking dells I have seen aha ;)

Reaction score
Oh - just had a quick look for toshiba/sony laptops... see they do seem nice but I haven't seen one for around the same price and one that catches my eye sort of thing... Only laptops I seem to of found was a HP and a Dell laptop and everyone seems to hate both brands aha :(

Ask a Question