New Bujild

KM1

On my one computer I got a message that there was a new
build and I updated from there. On my other computer,
connected through the same router, I have yet to get the
message. I have checked for updates through the updater
and it says I am current.

Build 1.0.614
Definitions: 5735

Will I eventually get the message to update to the new
Build? If not, what is the best way to get it? Download
right over the top of this version, unistall 1.0.614 and
reinstall 1.0.165, or is there another way. If it will
eventually update itself like my other machine than I can
wait. Just want to knwo what is best, that will cause
the least amount of difficulities.

KM1

Do I have to uninstall the other version or install it
right over it. Will it just rewrite the files???

KM1

Paul Nutt

I downloaded manually and then installed over the previous version. I did
fix the issue of signatures downloading over and over a week or so ago, so
my .614 was "healthy" when I put .615 on top of it. Not sure if it is
necessary, just FYI.

Good luck!

Jim Macklin

I shut the program down by right clicking the icon in the
system tray and then uninstalled it using add/remove. I
then deleted the program folder in C:/Windows/programs so
that I would have no left overs.

The Microsoft page has been giving me the old 614 build,
even though it says on the page that it should be 615. The
614 build is a 6.5 MB download and the 615 is 6.54 MB. I
looked and found that Softpedia.com has the correct file on
the USA mirror.
try
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Popup-Ad-Spyware-Blockers/Windows-AntiSpyware.shtml
if you're having trouble on the MS link.

some support

"Paul Nutt" <Reply in group> wrote in message
|I downloaded manually and then installed over the previous
version. I did
| fix the issue of signatures downloading over and over a
week or so ago, so
| my .614 was "healthy" when I put .615 on top of it. Not
sure if it is
| necessary, just FYI.
|
| Good luck!
|
| | > Do I have to uninstall the other version or install it
| > right over it. Will it just rewrite the files???
| >
| > KM1

\old\ devildog

I did a manual check last evening around 23:30 CDT, and was greeted with an upgrade to 615, no problems of any kind to report. I guess we will all see if there is a recurrence of the upgrading of definitions again when an update comes down from MS, but I am betting they got it fixed with this new beta upgrade.

Paul Nutt,
How is Hutch doing. I left there in 2001. Went to Independence, Ks, and now in Des Moines area. I do say I don't miss Hutch. Never saw a town with so may problems. And yes the gas problems were bad. I know I lived about 3 blocks from the place where the guy and his wife were killed. I watched as bubbles of mud and gas came up through a crack in field behind the old Sirlion Stockade on 17th near Hutch Hospital. I am glad to be gone from there for many other reasons.

"old" devildog

Murphy's war laws:

Friendly fire - isn't. *** Recoilless rifles - aren't. *** Suppressive fires - won't.
A sucking chest wound is Nature's way of telling you to slow down.
Try to look unimportant; the enemy may be low on ammo and not want to waste a bullet on you.
Never forget that your weapon was made by the lowest bidder. *** There is no such thing as an atheist in a foxhole.
Never draw fire; it irritates everyone around you. *** If the enemy is within range, so are you.
Military Intelligence is a contradiction.

: On my one computer I got a message that there was a new
: build and I updated from there. On my other computer,
: connected through the same router, I have yet to get the
: message. I have checked for updates through the updater
: and it says I am current.
:
: Build 1.0.614
: Definitions: 5735
:
: Will I eventually get the message to update to the new
: Build? If not, what is the best way to get it? Download
: right over the top of this version, unistall 1.0.614 and
: reinstall 1.0.165, or is there another way. If it will
: eventually update itself like my other machine than I can
: wait. Just want to knwo what is best, that will cause
: the least amount of difficulities.
:
: KM1

Paul Nutt

Ahhh. Home sweet home.

I haven't been there in a few years but am going back this September to The Fair. I grew up near 17th and Plum, not too far from the "action". I moved out in the mid-80's but still have friends and relatives there and visited a lot until around '98. Glad to hear someone else escaped!
""old" devildog" <teyoungATmchsiDOTcom> wrote in message I did a manual check last evening around 23:30 CDT, and was greeted with an upgrade to 615, no problems of any kind to report. I guess we will all see if there is a recurrence of the upgrading of definitions again when an update comes down from MS, but I am betting they got it fixed with this new beta upgrade.