New boy on the block!

StrandElectric

Hi

I'm a vb6 enthusiast and willing to give dotnet a whirl! Is this the right
newsgroup for an absolute beginner? If not, which group would you suggest?

If it is, here is my first question. How do I make an exe file from my
simple experimental project?

Cor

Be aware that in this newsgroup only four enthusiasts are left so if you are
able to do it with about one answer a day then you can try, otherwise

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/threads?page=1

Although that one lacks the knowledge from at least Armin and Onur, Tom is
also active in that forum.

Cor

"StrandElectric" wrote in message
Hi

I'm a vb6 enthusiast and willing to give dotnet a whirl! Is this the right
newsgroup for an absolute beginner? If not, which group would you suggest?

If it is, here is my first question. How do I make an exe file from my
simple experimental project?

Jason Keats

StrandElectric said:
Hi

I'm a vb6 enthusiast and willing to give dotnet a whirl! Is this the right
newsgroup for an absolute beginner? If not, which group would you suggest?

If it is, here is my first question. How do I make an exe file from my
simple experimental project?

If you're using Visual Studio, then there should be a Build menu item
available (when you've got a project/solution open).

Select "Build Solution", or Ctrl+Shift+B.