New AMD CPUs now available

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The new AMD '3' series of Ryzen CPU's are out now, Novatech are stocking them and I expect others are. Cheapest is £202 at Novatech, a 3.6Ghz 6 core.

There seems to be a shortage of MSI 570 chipset boards, hope that doesn't last.

I priced up a replacement system - CPU; Motherboard; 16Gb 3000 Memory; 256Gb NVME drive - about 3 weeks ago but decided to wait for these new chips to be on the market and surprise surprise - SSDs and memory have both risen in price which just happens to coincide with the launch of the new AMD CPUs. Who me? Cynical?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm likely going to get one of these in the coming months, once things settle down a bit. I hope it's a big improvement over my 3570k, I expect it should be!

Hopefully SSD and Memory prices will drop in that time too :).

Which of the new chips are you going for?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Which of the new chips are you going for?

The cheapest, the 3600. I won't be using this machine for any of the latest games and will keep on using the rest of the system which includes a 2Gb GTX1050. It will replace an Intel 4 core 2600K i7 3.4Ghz.

Motherboard (MSI); 16Gb RAM; CPU/Wraith Cooler and 256Gb NVME M.2 drive comes to £517 inc postage from Novatech, have yet to try elsewhere for prices.

Ask a Question