Networking help!

Reaction score
Hello all, newbie to the site, looks like it will be good in here...
I have a problem / scenario that I would be greatful if someone could help with. Any ideas help.
I am trying to bridge 2 networks...sounds simple but heres the deal.
We have just implemented a new basic tcp/ip network in a teaching environment. Incoming we have installed a BT line connected into an MPLS cloud supplying our backbone and internet connection (ISP) via a Zyxel router. Attached to the router are 3 x Procurve switches patched to floor ports and then about 40 PC's - simple. We have the PC's on a static class C subnet 192.168.221.0. The network works perfectly and integrates with our existing infrastructure, however...in the same comms area where our equipment is installed lies another incoming connection from a different ISP. This line is connected to another router (Cisco) and then connects to a Win 2K server - the server is then connected to 3 different managed switches, which are then patched to Floor ports etc. The server is a DC with DHCP (broadcasting subnet 10.3.31.0) and hosts basic back end DB stuff which PC's in the same area access, however these PC's only log on locally (no domain authentication). Ideally I would like to allow the PC's connected to the server to be able to browse the 192.168.221 subnet, or at least have a routing plan in place to allow this. I have patched directly one port of the new MPLS supplied switches into another port of the existing ISP switches. Scanning the network on a 192.168.221.113 PC I can see broadcast traffic passing from the 10.3.31.1 lan. My initial thought was to create a new class C DHCP scope (192.168.31.0) on the server and then change the subnet mask on the old PC's to 255.255.0.0 allowing them the range to browse...didn't quite work out though. I then tried to enable Routing and Remote access on the server but have not had the experience of setting up properly so nothing seemed to work...
Also, there are no firewall's in place on the site so this isn't an issue.
Any Ideas?
Cheers.

Ask a Question