Windows XP Network setup wizard

Reaction score
Guys I have three computer networked together. All three are member of workgroup. One is running Winxp, one Windows 2000 server and one Linux. I am having problem seeing all three computer. I know there is lot of help out there related to this problem I just haven’t found the one that mentioned if “network setup wizard” has anything to do with this type of problem. I haven’t used that Wizard yet. So do you guys think if I use this “network setup wizard” on all computers it should solve my problem? By the way my all three computer are hooked up to router and router to DSL modem. Thanks

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I'd definitly give the Wizard a go .
nod.gif

Reaction score
Definately run it on all 3.

It will let you burn the wizard onto CD so you can run it on Linux or a computer without it.

Reaction score
I ran wizard on XP machine and it worked. Now i can see all my workgroup computers except linux computer, which i didn't get chance to work. Wizard didn't work on windows 2000 server. It will give you an error message that says wizard only works with win 98, NT and so on. But i didn't had to run wizard on windows 2000 server. Running just on one pc worked just fine.
Well at least now i know that wizard does solve the problem of not being able to see your workgroup computers.
Thanks guys

Ask a Question