Network LogIn

Jörn Sandner

Hello!

I have a simple problem - when I try to access a networkfolder with my
PocketPC the password prompt can't carry all characters of my password, so I
like to write a simple application which is able to connect my networkfolders.

I'm thinking of an simple gui (folderpath and password) and I like to write
this in C#

Does anyone has any idea, how I can realize the network login? (assemblies
or dll)

I'm using Visual Studio 2005 Pro and the target device is a PocketPC with
Windows Mobile 2003 SE

Thanks for any replies

Regards
J. Sandner

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

So, these are SMB-served network folders on a local area network to which
the PPC is somehow attached? You'll have to P/Invoke to native APIs to
accomplish this, as far as I can remember. You want to look up the
WNetXYZ() functions in the help file. In particular, WNetAddConnection3()
creates a new connection. The user name and password, along with other
options, are passed to the call, so you can retrieve those from the user in
any way you like.

Paul T.

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

Of course, as soon as I posted, I realized that this was almost-certainly in
OpenNETCF's Smart Device Framework, and it is.

Paul T.

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <p space tobey no spam AT no instrument no spam DOT