Netmeeting Works On The Server, But Not From Internal Clients

Steven C

Hello:

I have a Windows 2000 server running ISA, and several client machines,
all Windows XP.

I have set up the gatekeeper, per the article in the ISA configuration
website that ranked high in the Google search order.

I can use Netmeeting on the server, and connect to external Netmeeting
hosts (I can initiate a connection to an external client via IP), but
if I try to initiate an IP call from an internal client, I cannot get
out. I have configured the internal clients to log on to the
gatekeeper, and I can see that client Netmeeting sessions are
connected to the gatekeeper (the above server) by hovering over the
icon on the client Netmeeting window.

I have opened a number of external ports in ISA by configuring
numerous packet filters, per the protocols required by Netmeeting

My question is:

If I can connect to an external Netmeeting client via the server's
Netmeeting session, does this rule out a closed port issue? I would
think that it would. Is there some special trick with the proxy
firewall, running on each client, that would allow me to initiate
Netmeeting calls from the internal clients?

Thanks!

Gary Fose [MSFT]

Hi Steven,

Here is a step by step for you:
http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/How_to_Configure_Internal_NetMeeting_Clients_to_Call_Ext
ernal_Netmeeting_Clients.html

Thanks,
Gary
'--'
'--'Hello:
'--'

--

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included
script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best
directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.