netmeeting download probs

G

what am i doing wrong / try and download netmeeting version 3.01 to windows xp home and get message
' this netmeeting version 3.01 cannot work on this version of windows' can antone help me?

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Microsoft NetMeeting is already installed in Windows XP.
Perform the following procedure to access it:

1. Right-click on your Desktop and select NEW > SHORTCUT
2. In the Create Shortcut box type: "C:\Program Files\NetMeeting\conf.exe" , and click Next.
3. Type in a name for the shortcut, such as NetMeeting, then click Finish.
4. A convenient shortcut to NetMeeting will appear on your Desktop.
5. You can also open NetMeeting this way: Start > Run and type: Conf.exe , and hit enter.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

J

Jonathan

Windows XP comes preinstalled with 3.01
what am i doing wrong / try and download netmeeting version 3.01 to windows xp home and get message ' this netmeeting version 3.01 cannot work on this version of windows' can antone help me?

G

thanks . i now have netmeeting up and running on xp home ! i use the ip addresses to send instant messages and audio chat to my friends - however i still cannot get the webcam pics to display the setting for them in help options are all greyed out! my same webcam works like a dream in yahoo messenger and msn messenger so i assume there is nothing wrong with the unit and think its some settings on my pc for netmeeting ?? can anyone help me ?

G

how come no one answers my questions?? is my problem too difficult or am i asking in the wrong format or in the incorrect group plkease help i am desperate cannot get my system to work properly and hoped that i could get help here

Ask a Question