netlogon service will not start

Sabo, Eric

This is a Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2. I am getting Event ID:
5737 and Event ID: 7023. It says the requested service provider could not
be loaded or initialized.

Feng Mao

Hi Eric,

Thank you for posting!

According to my research, the problem could be related to the missing or
damage of Rsaenh.dll.

To resolve this issue, add or replace the missing or damaged Rsaenh.dll
file with a known-good copy of this file from another computer. The correct
version of the Rsaenh.dll file is 5.1.2600.2036, and it should be 148,992
bytes in size. This file exists under %systemroot%\system32

The below article in Microsoft knowledge base mentioned the similar issue
in Windows 2000. I think the resolution could be a reference for your issue.

303330 Netlogon and Kerberos Key Distribution Center Generate Events 5737
and
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=303330

Have a nice day!

Thanks & Regards,