Net Transport, now gone shareware

CoMa

June 22, 2004
Issued 1.90, and now Net Transport is shareware,
but you still can use most of features, only
advanced security features need to be paid,
but "Site Explorer" owns full features such as
SSL, SFTP, ZLIB and NAT/ICS/ICF.
Strongly recommend purchase Net Transport,
which is worth buying.

Develop History
Net Transport 1.90 (Jun 22, 2004)
-Replaced edit with list for "Job/Directory".
-Modified code about saving job database.
-Added support for ZLIB for FTP (MODE Z).
-Fixed a bug that when you were adjusting the column
width of window "job", black vertical line would appear.
-Added support for Helix Server 9.03.
-Added support for NAT/ICS/ICF. Note: NAT (port mapping
using UPnP) is available in XP.
-Fixed a fatal bug in FTP that LISTing a large folder
would cause program crashed.
-Added support for redirection for MMS.
-Fixed a bug in "job scheme".

/CoMa

--
Conny (CoMa) Magnusson
(e-mail address removed)

point blank

Bummer. Another one gone.
Yep, and this was a good one. I'd been using v1.85. Anyone have a link
for the last completely freeware version, which I guess was Net
Transport v1.87 (released 11 May 2004)?

Phoenix

point blank said:
Yep, and this was a good one. I'd been using v1.85. Anyone have a link
for the last completely freeware version, which I guess was Net
Transport v1.87 (released 11 May 2004)?

Try Here:
ftp://ftp.freenet.de/pub/.disk0/filepilot/windows/ftp/nettransport/NT2Setup_multi_187.EXE

Jack D. Russell, Sr.

* Reply by Jack D. Russell, Sr. <[email protected]>
* Newsgroup: alt.comp.freeware
* Reply to: All; "Phoenix" <[email protected]>
* Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 22:11:32 +0100
* Subj: Re: Net Transport, now gone shareware

FL>> June 22, 2004
FL>> Issued 1.90, and now Net Transport is shareware

P> Bummer. Another one gone.

Gone "Shareware" with the statement from the author...
Net Transport is a shareware, you can use it for free. But if you wish
to express your appreciation for my work, and hope I can continue
developing and supporting it over the years, please buy it. Thanks!
The *extra* security features that the author requests payment for are
hardly enough to consider it crippled. IMHO.

Matt

FL>> June 22, 2004
FL>> Issued 1.90, and now Net Transport is shareware

P> Bummer. Another one gone.

Gone "Shareware" with the statement from the author...
Net Transport is a shareware, you can use it for free. But if you wish
to express your appreciation for my work, and hope I can continue
developing and supporting it over the years, please buy it. Thanks!
The *extra* security features that the author requests payment for are
hardly enough to consider it crippled. IMHO.

If 1.90 **FREE MODE** can do EVERYTHING that 1.87 did, then it's 1.87
with some paid extras, and some updates.

If one single feature that used to be free is dropped, THEN it's
crippled, and 1.87 is the "last good freeware version".

If the paid features end up adding significantly to the size, there's
also the issue of bloat.

Metaproducts (Download Express) is similar, with paid extras over a
freeware base.

Better this way, than spyware, or losing it altogether - maybe if more
people were willing to give a SMALL donation, there would be less need
for this Freeware/Shareware mix - with fees normally above what you'd
consider as a voluntary donation.

http://www.xi-soft.com/buy.htm - If you think it's worth it, grab the
"all features" offer for $19.95, 19.95 EU, 11.95 GBP - otherwise it's
$25 to start with - too much just to give a warm feeling that you've
contributed, for something you CAN use free.

http://www.7-zip.org/register.html - same problem - I'd consider a
contribution, but not when it's $20 minimum..