.NET / Excel automation - MissingMethodException: Method not found

I am making a Windows EXE (.NET Visual Basic Windows Application).
I would like to make it possible to open Excel Worksheets from my EXE.
This should work independent of Excel version on client machine (it is out
of my control to know what versions of Excel different users has.)
Anyway let us say that Excel 2000 is the oldest acceptable version.
I build the EXE on a PC with Excel 2000. But I it is not working on an Excel
2003 machine!

On my development machine I have "Microsoft Excel 2000 (9.0.6926 SP-3)".
when I do "Add Reference"/"COM", in Visual Studio, a reference is done to
"Microsoft Excel 9.0 Object Library".
When I run the executable on this machine it works perfectly.

But when I try to run it on another development machine with "Microsoft
Office Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP1" i get error message:

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: Excel.Workbook
Excel.Workbooks.Open(System.String, System.Object, System.Object,
System.Object, System.Object, System.Object, System.Object, System.Object,
System.Object, System.Object, System.Object, System.Object, System.Object).

Following information is not a part of the problem description, but anyway...
IF I instead build the solution on my "Excel 2003"-development machine, then
of course excel automation is working on this machine.
A reference to "Microsoft Excel 11.0 Object Library", is then done.

Any hint is appreciated!

Best regards,
Benjamin

Peter Huang [MSFT]

Hi

I reviewed the thread and find that there is a similar issue in the
newsgroup below.Now I have replied to you, you may go and take a look.
Subject: .NET / Excel automation - MissingMethodException: Method not found
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.office.developer.automation

Best regards,

Peter Huang