.NET CF 2.0: Will alpha blending be available ?

I would like to know if alpha blending will be available in .NET CF 2.0 ?

Thank you,

Bertrand Fontaine

Serg Kuryata [MS]

Hello Bertrand,

Alpha blending will not be supported in the .NET Compact Framowork V2. The
problem is that Windows CE does not support it and, as a result, it cannot
be implemented in the .NET Compact Framework.

Thank you,
Sergiy.

| From: "=?Utf-8?B?QmVydHJhbmQgRm9udGFpbmU=?="
<[email protected]>
| Subject: .NET CF 2.0: Will alpha blending be available ?
| Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 04:05:02 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework
|
| I would like to know if alpha blending will be available in .NET CF 2.0 ?
|
| Thank you,
|
| Bertrand Fontaine

Chris Tacke, eMVP

And since CF 2.0 is *only* supported on 5.0, it's definitely not a
compatibility problem...

-Chris

Thank you for the reply Sergiy. It is a pitty that .NET CF 2.0 will not
support alpha blending. I am currently stuck reimplemeting on the .NET CF
platform a prototype I did for a client over 2 years ago using...
PersonalJava (Jeode JVM). So, I guess that it is definitely possible to
implement an efficient alpha blending algorithm for .NET CF even with no OS
support. GapiDraw seems also to be another example of popular platform that
does support alpha blending on Windows Mobile.

Bertrand Fontaine