Windows XP Needed hints, Idias for system backup !!

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Any body knows the best way to create a backup of my system. Currently I have windows2000 SP2 and thought its the right time to have a clean backup, that is in case if I got any crush so I can get back and restore that with out extending downtime and cost as well. So any one have any hints, softoware, ideas please let m know.

have a good day :)

Reaction score
If ur looking for good freeware you will be surfing for days. Google "Back it up version 5.4.9.125" it will make a mirror backup to tape or another drive or partition. I did lots of pest scanns on it "passed"
I use a Sony DVD burner the software that came with it will make a full restore after formating the drive.

Reaction score
Hey, oceansprince! I have win200 SP2 too, and just as you, I've been looking for good backup software. Oh! At long last! I found True Image, it's the easiest and most convenient full backup solution I've ever seen: I just create an exact image of my HDD and I keep this image on my PC, preferably in secured (provide by Acronis) and another copy on DVD. But for sure I also make bootable CD, in case of completely crash my system I could restore it without boot Windows.
So, I have no credence to freeware soft, True Image is cheaper then some other soft of this type, it gives you guarantee, that everything will be just great. If you'll have some question, you could ask for support around the clock. Also you can try free trial version before buy. I suggest you to try my way, as I really completely satisfy with this program.

Reaction score
Thanks for the link KingArtor. It is hard to find good backup software that really works low priced and I might try it on my next PC upgrade. Im always fixin or building PC's for someone and I like to test for good freeware that works cause I want everyone to have a good backup. I few people that I built for didnt have and lost everything they usually want me to help recover and reinstall. They are repsonible for it but if I find freeware with a good GPL they can help themselfs for free. The XP backup is a joke allso cause it works half the time.
I have ME, Win2000 pro, XP pro
If someone has tryed good backup freeware. keep posting.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
There's an article in todays Quick News which might be of use to you, click here to read it.

:)

Reaction score
Hi sexy. The PC's that I build usually have more hard drive than it need so I allways make a partition for backup. I think everyone should make a backup to another partition and DVD.
I used to do recovery by taking out someone hard drive and pluging in into my PC cables.
Now I use linux SLAX and I usaully dont need a screwdriver unless the PC that Im working a is burnerless. SLAX will live boot from a USB drive or CD and it has KB3 CD-DVD burner it will read NTFS. I use the version with the WINE windows emulator.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Another vote for True Image, a really good piece of software made by Acronis, I've been using it for around 8 months now and it works well.

One minor niggle though, it will create a backup from a RAID 0 setup, but will only install back to a single disk, when I tried to reinstall to a RAID 0 setup, it only saw the two disks as seperate entities, despite me having set the RAID config within the controller.

Ask a Question