Need help with this Formula

Sharon

Could anyone help me change the following formula so it ONLY shows up
if data is entered in the other columns that this column pulls data
from? Right now it is showing the @k12sbr.org in the cells, but I
don't want the cells to show anything if no data is entered yet on the
spreadsheet. I know I should add the =IF to the beginning, but I get
lost after that.

Thanks for your help!

=LOWER(LEFT(C3,1)&LOWER(D3)&RIGHT(E3,4)&"@k12sbr.org")

Sharon

Jim Cone

Check the length of each cell. Multiplying by zero always equals zero...
=IF(LEN(C3)*LEN(D3)*LEN(E3)>0,LOWER(LEFT(C3,1)&LOWER(D3)&RIGHT(E3,4)&"@k12sbr.org"),"")
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

..
..
..

"Sharon" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
Could anyone help me change the following formula so it ONLY shows up
if data is entered in the other columns that this column pulls data
from? Right now it is showing the @k12sbr.org in the cells, but I
don't want the cells to show anything if no data is entered yet on the
spreadsheet. I know I should add the =IF to the beginning, but I get
lost after that.
Thanks for your help!

=LOWER(LEFT(C3,1)&LOWER(D3)&RIGHT(E3,4)&"@k12sbr.org")

Sharon

Jim Cone

And this relocation of a ")" might be closer to what you want...
=IF(LEN(C3)*LEN(D3)*LEN(E3)>0,LOWER(LEFT(C3,1))&LOWER(D3)&RIGHT(E3,4)&"@k12sbr.org","")
Jim Cone

..
..