Need help with if syntax

Reaction score
Here`s what i want to do:
If cell C="A" or "B" or "C" or "D"; value if true - should be a serie like S4225 to S5000; if false i need a serie like AB161 to AB200
I`ve passed the problem about multiple logical test values, but i don`t know how to express the value if true or false so that it fill in the series
Many thank`s !!!

Reaction score
what you could do is the following if you're starting this formula in row 2:

=IF(OR(C2="A",C2="B",C2="C",C2="D"),"S"&TEXT(4223+ROW(A2),"0"),"AB"&TEXT(159+ROW(A2),"0"))

The only problems you will run into with this is that you will have to modify it if you aren't starting in row 2 and the values in the series are always going to add the current row number onto the number given in the formula. If you needed the formula to only increase the series of each true and false values without impacting the other, I would have to think about it more, and I would need to know where this formula was going, what row you're starting in, which column, etc.

Ask a Question