need driver for Sandisk Flash drive

Sandisk cruzer mini which is a flash drive, states that XP has the driver for it but when I load the device it can not find the driver for it

How can I find the necessary driver?

MJ

My cruzer mini 128MB was plug & play in XP Pro.

Bob from Ellicott City MD said:
Sandisk cruzer mini which is a flash drive, states that XP has the driver for it but
when I load the device it can not find the driver for it.

I went to their site and it stated that XP already has the driver in it, so they were not a help to me. I have also gone to the Microsoft site to get the missing driver and I cannot find it.

I also have XP Pro. I attempted many times but it consistently comes back from the Wizard driver that it can not find the driver for it. It finds the Cruzer mini but it can not find the driver for it
I have also gone to the Sandisk site. It states that the drivers for it are on XP, so this was not of any value to me. I also went to the Microsoft site but I could not find it there under XP

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Bob.
If you followed their directions, I suggest you contact their tech
support and/or return it since there is a detection issue.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
An easier way to read newsgroup messages:

"Bob from Ellicott City MD" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
I went to their site and it stated that XP already has the driver in
it, so they were not a help to me. I have also gone to the Microsoft
site to get the missing driver and I cannot find it.

I have your same problem. My two 256-Cruzers work fine on my Windows Millenium and Windows 98 (using SanDisk's downloadable driver) systems, but not on my new Windows XP Home system. I'm fairly computer literate --- and I've tried about everything. I've considered loading the Windows XP system disk and launching a search of that disk for the driver, but fear that a major catastrophy might ensue. I did force XP to search for a "driver" in "WINDOWS\system32\drivers," where the driver for my other flash drive (that works on XP) is known to be filed, to no avail. I know the USB plugs are good because another 256-CompUSA generic flash drive works fine on the XP system. I've talked by phone to SanDisk Support, but nothing was suggested that works; they emphatically say that no such thing as a "driver file or disk" exists for XP. If you find a solution, please post it.