Need a little help here. VRO

Reaction score
I am new to this so be gentle please.

I have 3 VRO 1.4 GB DVDs and want to make one DVD 4.7 GB that I can play on a DVD player [TV] what is the best way to go about this? Is there a FREE program to do this with?:confused:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Converter.aspx?type=GoogleImageAds

http://www.dvdshrink.org/

You might find the above links useful

happywave.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Blimey, nice link Abarb, some good free stuff there :thumb: assuming it works well.

Have you tried any of those programs yet?

Nope not tried any of em. Been using Ashampoo Burning Suite 8 for recoding and burning at the mo and it works nicely. An I have used some Linux stuff recently which also worked well.

Used this free program an I think it was ok. I have tried all sorts of stuff but I been recoding some strange file types and can not remember which was any good. I find it best to try out a short clip to see if software is any good. That way you only loose a little time if it is pants.

http://www.any-video-converter.com/

happywave.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Hi Flops , just downloaded AVS Video Remaker. It works well but with limitations. Looks to be the same for all their products an they ask you to buy a subscription to get full usage. So it looks like a no no as a free prog. Thought it might save you downloading. Sorry about the false call.

:blush:

That Any-Video Converter I gave a link for works ok, just gave it a try.

happywave.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Haha, thought it looked too good to be true ;)

Shame on that lot, they're just as bad as spammers when they promise stuff for nowt.

I'm actually quite ok to do all that stuff, albeit with all paid-for software, mostly.

I use: Nero 6 OEM with video plug- in, Nero 8 full version; DVD Shrink; DVD Fab; DVD Fab Decrypter; Imtoo DVD 4 Platinum and Imtoo mpeg converter.

The most expensive item there is Nero 8 which cost me £30.00 from PC World (a mistake on their part I think) and which actually isn't all that good.

Nero 6 OEM cost me nothing as it came with an optical drive and the video plug-in cost £12.00. Best version of Nero ever but it doesn't work with Vista.

Both Imtoo progs cost about £12.00 each and work well :thumb:

And the rest is free.

I have yet to search for/try any Linux proggies that do the same job.

Oh, and I use Pinnacle Studio 10 Lite for video editing which came with my Dazzle video interface device.

Pinnacle also does DVD burning but I don't use that function.

Similarly, I believe Nero 8 does video editing but I've never tried it.

I know what I like and stick to it mostly, which may or may not be a philistine thing :D

There's a Nero 9 out now, but Nero are not as good as they once were. It's flawed bloatware, is my opinion, their peak was about three or four years ago with Version 6.

Reaction score
Ok thanks guys had all I needed [FREE] from here don’t know if its always free but it has done the job.

Had a look at ummm hundreds of sites me head is hurting now.:bow:
Nero/Ashampoo couldn`t do the job never mind all done now:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Pleased to hear you got it sorted itsme :thumb:

I know Ashampoo won't do that, it's a very basic burning program, but any full version of Nero will do it.

If your copy of Nero is an OEM copy it will not have the capability to do the task you wanted doing though, you have to buy the video add-on which I believe is now about fifteen quid.

Just for reference :)

Reaction score
I used Prism converter slow but did the job no ifs or buts. As it is a one off I didn`t want to spend ££££s so I is happy..

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Glad you got sorted itsme. Flops is right about Ashampoo, wonder what I used to recodewith then? an why did I get Ashampoo 8? Hmmmmmmmmm.

nod.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Glad you got sorted itsme. Flops is right about Ashampoo, wonder what I used to recodewith then? an why did I get Ashampoo 8? Hmmmmmmmmm.

nod.gif

I knew I was right about Ashampoo 8, you can recode and burn movies.

Burn movies and photos to DVDs and data discs
In addition to the new slideshow DVDs you can author and burn video DVDs, Video CDs (VCD), Super Video CDs (SVCD) and data video discs. Video files are automatically converted to the necessary formats.

happywave.gif

Reaction score
Have been given some more to do 17 corr blimey:wall: think I will start an assembly line:D

Ok thanks for the input guys very helpful indeed:thumb: I have tried these so far so good! Very basic but gets the job done.

On the left side downloaded what I would use so decoder + videos to DVD, pretty easy to work with.

And they came out perfect

Ask a Question