ndiswrapper reports invalid driver for wrieless card

Reaction score
Invalid Driver?; ndiswrapper & wireless drivers --

Hi all, and thank you.

Running suse 10.1 on a dell insprion 4100.
Attempting to install a USR MAXg 5411, pcmia card.

Problem,
with: ndiswrapper
What: four drivers; bcmwl5(a).inf and usrmaxg(a).inf with the same error each time... Invalid Driver.
notes: The first (bcmwl5) was recoomended for most cards, and tested on mine, the later is the unique windows driver for my particular card.
Yast hardware examiner has all the details for my card, but it does not show up in network cards.

STEPS
I found two ways online to do this, neither worked. The first just had me install the driver, the second had me recompile ndiwrapper.

I sarted with
Code:
ndiswrapper -i myinffile
, and it said 'installing.. myfile.inf'
I then
Code:
ndiswrapper -l
and it said
Code:
myinffile   Invalid Driver
(or driver invalid)

I uninstalled ndiswrapper, deleted folder /etc/ and then tried recompiling ndiswrapper to install it.

Code:
tar -zxvf ndiswrapper-1.24.tar.gz
  make uninstall

when I try both
Code:
make 
  make install
I get the same basic result, amoung which it says "can't find build files in /??/modules/build, enter path with KBUILD=....".
I checked the path , it existed, but had only one file.

And now when I try
Code:
nidwrapper -i inffile.inf
it says ndiswrapper doesn't exist as a command!

Anyone who knows linux, and has a wireless card installed should help.

Any information, advice, or similar issues will help.

HOW DO I INSTALL MY INTERNET!!! Please help,
Also, If some has, or wants to write a decent tuturiol on the subject(better than wiki install) I would love to host it on my site at its own sub-domain along with some other great tuts.

Last edited:

Ask a Question