Navigation .gif not visible in .php file

John

I'm reposting this w/my URL
www.bottle-up.com

The problem is the verticle navigation bar on the left. Both PHP & HTML
menu options point to the exact same page, except one has a .htm extension
and the other a .php. I need to use the .php extension to support a PHP
shopping cart, but I'm stuck. :(

Why does are the Banner, Home, and PHP .gifs not visible in the .php, but
visible in the .htm?

I'm using FP2003 and publishing via FP (not FTP).

I appreciate everyone's experience and input.
John

Chris Leeds, MVP-FrontPage

inline;

--
Chris Leeds,
Microsoft MVP-FrontPage

Make More Money with Less Work
Let Your Clients Control Their Content With Just A Browser!
http://contentseed.com/
--
John said:
I'm reposting this w/my URL
www.bottle-up.com

The problem is the verticle navigation bar on the left. Both PHP & HTML
menu options point to the exact same page, except one has a .htm extension
and the other a .php. I need to use the .php extension to support a PHP
shopping cart, but I'm stuck. :(

You're not!! I've been working on something and needed to overcome
frontpage's reluctance to allow it's "components", such as nav bars, themes
elements, forms, etc. to a page simply bacause it has a .php extension.

I think this will help you:
http://contentseed.com/help/files/PHP_as_HTM-HTML.pdf
Why does are the Banner, Home, and PHP .gifs not visible in the .php, but
visible in the .htm?

Best as i can figure..... 'cuz.
I'm using FP2003 and publishing via FP (not FTP).
At least you'll have a more pleasant experiance viewing and editing the
files in design and split views. check out the "code snippets" function
too.

HTH

John

Hi Chris,

I have included the lines suggested in your .pdf in my .htaccess file but
it's still not working.

Upon further investigation I notice that the .gifs associated with my .php
page are not on my hosting web site (the _derived directory), but on my PC I
see it in the _derived directory.

For some reason, when I go to publish my website, the gifs associated with
my .php pages are not being published. Is this a configuration issue within
FrontPage?

Thanks,
John

Stefan B Rusynko

Nothing to do w/ php

Your images
http://www.bottle-up.com/_derived/1piece.php_cmp_tabs010_vbtn.gif
and
http://www.bottle-up.com/_derived/1piece.php_cmp_tabs010_vbtn_a.gif
are there, but the page is looking for
http://www.bottle-up.com/_derived/1piece.php_cmp_tabs010_vbtn_p.gif

Similarly
http://www.bottle-up.com/_derived/1piece.php_cmp_tabs010_bnr.gif
is missing in _derived

1) In Windows Explorer Find and delete all FP Temp Files
Usually in C:\WINDOWS\Temp and %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp
- in FP 2003 you need to look in the super hidden folder
%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\FrontPageTempDir
2) In Windows Explorer Find and delete all hidden *.web files
Usually in %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Web Server Extensions\Cache

Open all _overlay folders in you local FP and delete the content
Reapply your theme to all pages making sure Active is selected
- the images w/ tabs010 in them indicate active is not selected
Close all pages and Select Nav View and add page (to force FP to rebuild nav structure)

Then run a Tools Recalculate Hyperlinks and File Preview in Browser to see if FP repaired the _derived files

--

| Hi Chris,
|
| I have included the lines suggested in your .pdf in my .htaccess file but
| it's still not working.
|
| Upon further investigation I notice that the .gifs associated with my .php
| page are not on my hosting web site (the _derived directory), but on my PC I
| see it in the _derived directory.
|
| For some reason, when I go to publish my website, the gifs associated with
| my .php pages are not being published. Is this a configuration issue within
| FrontPage?
|
| Thanks,
| John
|

| | > inline;
| >
| > --
| > Chris Leeds,
| > Microsoft MVP-FrontPage
| >
| > Make More Money with Less Work
| > Let Your Clients Control Their Content With Just A Browser!
| > http://contentseed.com/
| > --
| >> www.bottle-up.com
| >>
| >> The problem is the verticle navigation bar on the left. Both PHP & HTML
| >> menu options point to the exact same page, except one has a .htm
| >> extension
| >> and the other a .php. I need to use the .php extension to support a PHP
| >> shopping cart, but I'm stuck. :(
| >
| > You're not!! I've been working on something and needed to overcome
| > frontpage's reluctance to allow it's "components", such as nav bars,
| > themes
| > elements, forms, etc. to a page simply bacause it has a .php extension.
| >
| > I think this will help you:
| > http://contentseed.com/help/files/PHP_as_HTM-HTML.pdf
| >

| >> Why does are the Banner, Home, and PHP .gifs not visible in the .php, but
| >> visible in the .htm?
| >
| > Best as i can figure..... 'cuz.
| >

| >> I'm using FP2003 and publishing via FP (not FTP).
| > At least you'll have a more pleasant experiance viewing and editing the
| > files in design and split views. check out the "code snippets" function
| > too.
| >
| > HTH
| >

| >> I appreciate everyone's experience and input.
| >> John

Chris Leeds, MVP-FrontPage

although the fact that the images aren't getting published aren't
specifically related to a PHP activity, the fact that it's "choking" is.
FrontPage simply doesn't like to use it's themes, components, and stuff
reliably on php pages.

If you did the .htaccess bit, you don't need to use the .php extension. You
can still have running code but under a .htm/.html extension. The reason
for the mod is so you can have PHP but not "tell" FrontPage about it.

do the mod, leave your extensions as .htm/ .html and you won't have these
type problems.

HTH

PS, did you find the PDF easy to follow etc?

--
Chris Leeds,
Microsoft MVP-FrontPage

Make More Money with Less Work
Let Your Clients Control Their Content With Just A Browser!
http://contentseed.com/

John

Hi Chris,

The PDF you directed me to was very well written and easy to understand.
Thanks.

John

Hi Stefan,

I apologize but I do not understand how to "select Active" on a theme. Can
you give me a little more detail?

- I followed your points below and see that the images in my .php are
missing.
- I removed the content of my _overlay folder.
- I reapplied a theme (BUT I didn't understand how to select Active).
- I recalculated the hyperlinks and then published it again.

But have the same problem and don't know why images in my .php files are not
in the _derived folder. :(

John

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

When you go into Themes down at the bottom left you'll see a check box for Active Graphics.

| Hi Stefan,
|
| I apologize but I do not understand how to "select Active" on a theme. Can
| you give me a little more detail?
|
| - I followed your points below and see that the images in my .php are
| missing.
| - I removed the content of my _overlay folder.
| - I reapplied a theme (BUT I didn't understand how to select Active).
| - I recalculated the hyperlinks and then published it again.
|
| But have the same problem and don't know why images in my .php files are not
| in the _derived folder. :(
|
| John
|
| | > Nothing to do w/ php
| >
| > Your images
| > http://www.bottle-up.com/_derived/1piece.php_cmp_tabs010_vbtn.gif
| > and
| > http://www.bottle-up.com/_derived/1piece.php_cmp_tabs010_vbtn_a.gif
| > are there, but the page is looking for
| > http://www.bottle-up.com/_derived/1piece.php_cmp_tabs010_vbtn_p.gif
| >
| > Similarly
| > http://www.bottle-up.com/_derived/1piece.php_cmp_tabs010_bnr.gif
| > is missing in _derived
| >
| > 1) In Windows Explorer Find and delete all FP Temp Files
| > Usually in C:\WINDOWS\Temp and %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp
| > - in FP 2003 you need to look in the super hidden folder
| > %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\FrontPageTempDir
| > 2) In Windows Explorer Find and delete all hidden *.web files
| > Usually in %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Web Server
| > Extensions\Cache
| >
| > Open all _overlay folders in you local FP and delete the content
| > Reapply your theme to all pages making sure Active is selected
| > - the images w/ tabs010 in them indicate active is not selected
| > Close all pages and Select Nav View and add page (to force FP to rebuild
| > nav structure)
| >
| > Then run a Tools Recalculate Hyperlinks and File Preview in Browser to see
| > if FP repaired the _derived files
| >

| > --
| >
| > _____________________________________________
| > SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| > "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| > To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| > _____________________________________________

| > |
| > | I have included the lines suggested in your .pdf in my .htaccess file
| > but
| > | it's still not working.
| > |
| > | Upon further investigation I notice that the .gifs associated with my
| > .php
| > | page are not on my hosting web site (the _derived directory), but on my
| > PC I
| > | see it in the _derived directory.
| > |
| > | For some reason, when I go to publish my website, the gifs associated
| > with
| > | my .php pages are not being published. Is this a configuration issue
| > within
| > | FrontPage?
| > |
| > | Thanks,
| > | John
| > |
| > |

| > HTML
| > PHP

| > extension.

| > but

| > the
| > function

| > |
| > |

John

Still no luck.

After setting themes to Active, the .gifs in my Navigation bars are not
showing up in my .php files.

It sounds like FP2003 does like publishing the navigation .gifs associated
with .php files.

Any other solutions?
John

"Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
wrote in message When you go into Themes down at the bottom left you'll see a check box for
Active Graphics.

| Hi Stefan,
|
| I apologize but I do not understand how to "select Active" on a theme.
Can
| you give me a little more detail?
|
| - I followed your points below and see that the images in my .php are
| missing.
| - I removed the content of my _overlay folder.
| - I reapplied a theme (BUT I didn't understand how to select Active).
| - I recalculated the hyperlinks and then published it again.
|
| But have the same problem and don't know why images in my .php files are
not
| in the _derived folder. :(
|
| John
|
| | > Nothing to do w/ php
| >
| > Your images
| > http://www.bottle-up.com/_derived/1piece.php_cmp_tabs010_vbtn.gif
| > and
| > http://www.bottle-up.com/_derived/1piece.php_cmp_tabs010_vbtn_a.gif
| > are there, but the page is looking for
| > http://www.bottle-up.com/_derived/1piece.php_cmp_tabs010_vbtn_p.gif
| >
| > Similarly
| > http://www.bottle-up.com/_derived/1piece.php_cmp_tabs010_bnr.gif
| > is missing in _derived
| >
| > 1) In Windows Explorer Find and delete all FP Temp Files
| > Usually in C:\WINDOWS\Temp and %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp
| > - in FP 2003 you need to look in the super hidden folder
| > %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\FrontPageTempDir
| > 2) In Windows Explorer Find and delete all hidden *.web files
| > Usually in %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Web Server
| > Extensions\Cache
| >
| > Open all _overlay folders in you local FP and delete the content
| > Reapply your theme to all pages making sure Active is selected
| > - the images w/ tabs010 in them indicate active is not selected
| > Close all pages and Select Nav View and add page (to force FP to rebuild
| > nav structure)
| >
| > Then run a Tools Recalculate Hyperlinks and File Preview in Browser to
see
| > if FP repaired the _derived files
| >

| > --
| >
| > _____________________________________________
| > SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| > "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| > To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| > _____________________________________________

| > |
| > | I have included the lines suggested in your .pdf in my .htaccess file
| > but
| > | it's still not working.
| > |
| > | Upon further investigation I notice that the .gifs associated with my
| > .php
| > | page are not on my hosting web site (the _derived directory), but on
my
| > PC I
| > | see it in the _derived directory.
| > |
| > | For some reason, when I go to publish my website, the gifs associated
| > with
| > | my .php pages are not being published. Is this a configuration issue
| > within
| > | FrontPage?
| > |
| > | Thanks,
| > | John
| > |
| > |

| > HTML
| > PHP

| > extension.

| > but

| > the
| > function

| > |
| > |

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

hmmm...dunno.

I do know that I am using Chris Leeds php/html trick and that does work with no problems - my navs work fine.

| Still no luck.
|
| After setting themes to Active, the .gifs in my Navigation bars are not
| showing up in my .php files.
|
| It sounds like FP2003 does like publishing the navigation .gifs associated
| with .php files.
|
| Any other solutions?
| John
|

| "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message | When you go into Themes down at the bottom left you'll see a check box for
| Active Graphics.
|

| | | Hi Stefan,
| |
| | I apologize but I do not understand how to "select Active" on a theme.
| Can
| | you give me a little more detail?
| |
| | - I followed your points below and see that the images in my .php are
| | missing.
| | - I removed the content of my _overlay folder.
| | - I reapplied a theme (BUT I didn't understand how to select Active).
| | - I recalculated the hyperlinks and then published it again.
| |
| | But have the same problem and don't know why images in my .php files are
| not
| | in the _derived folder. :(
| |
| | John
| |

| | > Your images
| | > http://www.bottle-up.com/_derived/1piece.php_cmp_tabs010_vbtn.gif
| | > and
| | > http://www.bottle-up.com/_derived/1piece.php_cmp_tabs010_vbtn_a.gif
| | > are there, but the page is looking for
| | > http://www.bottle-up.com/_derived/1piece.php_cmp_tabs010_vbtn_p.gif
| | >
| | > Similarly
| | > http://www.bottle-up.com/_derived/1piece.php_cmp_tabs010_bnr.gif
| | > is missing in _derived
| | >
| | > 1) In Windows Explorer Find and delete all FP Temp Files
| | > Usually in C:\WINDOWS\Temp and %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp
| | > - in FP 2003 you need to look in the super hidden folder
| | > %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\FrontPageTempDir
| | > 2) In Windows Explorer Find and delete all hidden *.web files
| | > Usually in %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Web Server
| | > Extensions\Cache
| | >
| | > Open all _overlay folders in you local FP and delete the content
| | > Reapply your theme to all pages making sure Active is selected
| | > - the images w/ tabs010 in them indicate active is not selected
| | > Close all pages and Select Nav View and add page (to force FP to rebuild
| | > nav structure)
| | >
| | > Then run a Tools Recalculate Hyperlinks and File Preview in Browser to
| see
| | > if FP repaired the _derived files
| | >

| | > --
| | >
| | > _____________________________________________
| | > SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| | > "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| | > To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| | > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| | > _____________________________________________

| | > |
| | > but
| | > |
| | > .php
| my
| | > PC I
| | > |
| | > with
| | > within
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |

| | > HTML
| | > PHP

| | > extension.

| .php,
| | > but

| | > the
| | > function

| | > |
| | > |

| |
| |

Chris Leeds, MVP-FrontPage

I'm thinking if he does the same thing (like I originally said) ;-) That
it'll work for him too.

FrontPage doesn't like putting "components" into .php pages. In "design"
view of FrontPage, it may "look" like it's all there, but in the end, there
will be problems, plus it goes deeper than that but IMHO the only way to
enjoy the benefits of PHP _and_ FrontPage (components, et al) is to do the
trick I mentioned in my PDF.

--

wrote in message hmmm...dunno.

I do know that I am using Chris Leeds php/html trick and that does work with
no problems - my navs work fine.

| Still no luck.
|
| After setting themes to Active, the .gifs in my Navigation bars are not
| showing up in my .php files.
|
| It sounds like FP2003 does like publishing the navigation .gifs associated
| with .php files.
|
| Any other solutions?
| John
|

| "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message | When you go into Themes down at the bottom left you'll see a check box for
| Active Graphics.
|

| | | Hi Stefan,
| |
| | I apologize but I do not understand how to "select Active" on a theme.
| Can
| | you give me a little more detail?
| |
| | - I followed your points below and see that the images in my .php are
| | missing.
| | - I removed the content of my _overlay folder.
| | - I reapplied a theme (BUT I didn't understand how to select Active).
| | - I recalculated the hyperlinks and then published it again.
| |
| | But have the same problem and don't know why images in my .php files are
| not
| | in the _derived folder. :(
| |
| | John
| |

| | > Your images
| | > http://www.bottle-up.com/_derived/1piece.php_cmp_tabs010_vbtn.gif
| | > and
| | > http://www.bottle-up.com/_derived/1piece.php_cmp_tabs010_vbtn_a.gif
| | > are there, but the page is looking for
| | > http://www.bottle-up.com/_derived/1piece.php_cmp_tabs010_vbtn_p.gif
| | >
| | > Similarly
| | > http://www.bottle-up.com/_derived/1piece.php_cmp_tabs010_bnr.gif
| | > is missing in _derived
| | >
| | > 1) In Windows Explorer Find and delete all FP Temp Files
| | > Usually in C:\WINDOWS\Temp and %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp
| | > - in FP 2003 you need to look in the super hidden folder
| | > %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\FrontPageTempDir
| | > 2) In Windows Explorer Find and delete all hidden *.web files
| | > Usually in %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Web Server
| | > Extensions\Cache
| | >
| | > Open all _overlay folders in you local FP and delete the content
| | > Reapply your theme to all pages making sure Active is selected
| | > - the images w/ tabs010 in them indicate active is not selected
| | > Close all pages and Select Nav View and add page (to force FP to
rebuild
| | > nav structure)
| | >
| | > Then run a Tools Recalculate Hyperlinks and File Preview in Browser to
| see
| | > if FP repaired the _derived files
| | >

| | > --
| | >
| | > _____________________________________________
| | > SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| | > "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| | > To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| | > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| | > _____________________________________________

| | > |
| | > but
| | > |
| | > .php
| my
| | > PC I
| | > |
| | > with
| | > within
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |

| | > HTML
| | > PHP

| | > extension.

| .php,
| | > but

| | > the
| | > function

| | > |
| | > |

| |
| |

?

My host did look at me cross-eye (or at least it felt like that over the phone) but they said ... sure why not..it might work :)

| I'm thinking if he does the same thing (like I originally said) ;-) That
| it'll work for him too.
|
| FrontPage doesn't like putting "components" into .php pages. In "design"
| view of FrontPage, it may "look" like it's all there, but in the end, there
| will be problems, plus it goes deeper than that but IMHO the only way to
| enjoy the benefits of PHP _and_ FrontPage (components, et al) is to do the
| trick I mentioned in my PDF.
|

| --
| Chris Leeds,
| Microsoft MVP-FrontPage
|
| Make More Money with Less Work
| Let Your Clients Control Their Content With Just A Browser!
| http://contentseed.com/
| --
| "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message | hmmm...dunno.
|
| I do know that I am using Chris Leeds php/html trick and that does work with
| no problems - my navs work fine.
|

| | | Still no luck.
| |
| | After setting themes to Active, the .gifs in my Navigation bars are not
| | showing up in my .php files.
| |
| | It sounds like FP2003 does like publishing the navigation .gifs associated
| | with .php files.
| |
| | Any other solutions?
| | John
| |
| |
| | "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
| | wrote in message | | When you go into Themes down at the bottom left you'll see a check box for
| | Active Graphics.
| |
| |
| | |
| | | I apologize but I do not understand how to "select Active" on a theme.
| | Can
| | | you give me a little more detail?
| | |
| | | - I followed your points below and see that the images in my .php are
| | | missing.
| | | - I removed the content of my _overlay folder.
| | | - I reapplied a theme (BUT I didn't understand how to select Active).
| | | - I recalculated the hyperlinks and then published it again.
| | |
| | | But have the same problem and don't know why images in my .php files are
| | not
| | | in the _derived folder. :(
| | |
| | | John
| | |

| rebuild

| | see

| | | > |
| file
| | | > |
| my
| | my
| | | > |
| associated
| issue
| | | > |
| | | > |
| | | > |

| &
| support

| overcome
| bars,

| | .php,

| editing

| | | > |
| | | > |

| | |
| | |
| |
| |

Chris Leeds, MVP-FrontPage

that's the way most people who deploy the app describe the reaction. I
haven't had one host how refuse. a lot of people do it themselves with the
c-panel, or whatever interface they've got.

--

wrote in message My host did look at me cross-eye (or at least it felt like that over the
phone) but they said ... sure why not..it might work :)

| I'm thinking if he does the same thing (like I originally said) ;-) That
| it'll work for him too.
|
| FrontPage doesn't like putting "components" into .php pages. In "design"
| view of FrontPage, it may "look" like it's all there, but in the end,
there
| will be problems, plus it goes deeper than that but IMHO the only way to
| enjoy the benefits of PHP _and_ FrontPage (components, et al) is to do the
| trick I mentioned in my PDF.
|

| --
| Chris Leeds,
| Microsoft MVP-FrontPage
|
| Make More Money with Less Work
| Let Your Clients Control Their Content With Just A Browser!
| http://contentseed.com/
| --
| "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message | hmmm...dunno.
|
| I do know that I am using Chris Leeds php/html trick and that does work
with
| no problems - my navs work fine.
|

| | | Still no luck.
| |
| | After setting themes to Active, the .gifs in my Navigation bars are not
| | showing up in my .php files.
| |
| | It sounds like FP2003 does like publishing the navigation .gifs
associated
| | with .php files.
| |
| | Any other solutions?
| | John
| |
| |
| | "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)"
<[email protected]>
| | wrote in message | | When you go into Themes down at the bottom left you'll see a check box
for
| | Active Graphics.
| |
| |
| | |
| | | I apologize but I do not understand how to "select Active" on a theme.
| | Can
| | | you give me a little more detail?
| | |
| | | - I followed your points below and see that the images in my .php are
| | | missing.
| | | - I removed the content of my _overlay folder.
| | | - I reapplied a theme (BUT I didn't understand how to select Active).
| | | - I recalculated the hyperlinks and then published it again.
| | |
| | | But have the same problem and don't know why images in my .php files
are
| | not
| | | in the _derived folder. :(
| | |
| | | John
| | |

Files\FrontPageTempDir

| rebuild

| | see

| | | > |
| file
| | | > |
| my
| | my
| | | > |
| associated
| issue
| | | > |
| | | > |
| | | > |

PHP
| &
| support

| overcome
| bars,

| | .php,

| editing

| | | > |
| | | > |

| | |
| | |
| |
| |

John

It WORKS!

Chris, I don't know what I did differently this time around, but including
the php code in the .htm works AND my navigation bars work just fine! Must
have been user error on my part. ;)

I've left the sample site up with both the .php and .htm sample pages for
now. I'll work on the final php code and publish it per your
recommendations and then let you know the end result.

Thanks a lot!
John

Chris Leeds said:
that's the way most people who deploy the app describe the reaction. I
haven't had one host how refuse. a lot of people do it themselves with
the
c-panel, or whatever interface they've got.

--
Chris Leeds,
Microsoft MVP-FrontPage

Make More Money with Less Work
Let Your Clients Control Their Content With Just A Browser!
http://contentseed.com/
--
"Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
wrote in message My host did look at me cross-eye (or at least it felt like that over the
phone) but they said ... sure why not..it might work :)

| I'm thinking if he does the same thing (like I originally said) ;-) That
| it'll work for him too.
|
| FrontPage doesn't like putting "components" into .php pages. In
"design"
| view of FrontPage, it may "look" like it's all there, but in the end,
there
| will be problems, plus it goes deeper than that but IMHO the only way to
| enjoy the benefits of PHP _and_ FrontPage (components, et al) is to do
the
| trick I mentioned in my PDF.
|

| --
| Chris Leeds,
| Microsoft MVP-FrontPage
|
| Make More Money with Less Work
| Let Your Clients Control Their Content With Just A Browser!
| http://contentseed.com/
| --
| "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)"
<[email protected]>
| wrote in message | hmmm...dunno.
|
| I do know that I am using Chris Leeds php/html trick and that does work
with
| no problems - my navs work fine.
|

| | | Still no luck.
| |
| | After setting themes to Active, the .gifs in my Navigation bars are
not
| | showing up in my .php files.
| |
| | It sounds like FP2003 does like publishing the navigation .gifs
associated
| | with .php files.
| |
| | Any other solutions?
| | John
| |
| |
| | "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)"
<[email protected]>
| | wrote in message | | When you go into Themes down at the bottom left you'll see a check box
for
| | Active Graphics.
| |
| |
| | |
| | | I apologize but I do not understand how to "select Active" on a
theme.
| | Can
| | | you give me a little more detail?
| | |
| | | - I followed your points below and see that the images in my .php
are
| | | missing.
| | | - I removed the content of my _overlay folder.
| | | - I reapplied a theme (BUT I didn't understand how to select
Active).
| | | - I recalculated the hyperlinks and then published it again.
| | |
| | | But have the same problem and don't know why images in my .php files
are
| | not
| | | in the _derived folder. :(
| | |
| | | John
| | |

http://www.bottle-up.com/_derived/1piece.php_cmp_tabs010_vbtn_a.gif

http://www.bottle-up.com/_derived/1piece.php_cmp_tabs010_vbtn_p.gif

Files\FrontPageTempDir

| rebuild

Browser
| | see

| | | > |
| file
| | | > |
| my
but
on
| | my
| | | > |
| associated
| issue
| | | > |
| | | > |
| | | > |

PHP
| &
| support

| overcome
| bars,

| | .php,

| editing

| | | > |
| | | > |

| | |
| | |
| |
| |

Chris Leeds, MVP-FrontPage

That's great!!

Let me know how it progresses!

--

Chris Leeds said:
that's the way most people who deploy the app describe the reaction. I
haven't had one host how refuse. a lot of people do it themselves with
the
c-panel, or whatever interface they've got.

--
Chris Leeds,
Microsoft MVP-FrontPage

Make More Money with Less Work
Let Your Clients Control Their Content With Just A Browser!
http://contentseed.com/
wrote in message My host did look at me cross-eye (or at least it felt like that over the
phone) but they said ... sure why not..it might work :)

| I'm thinking if he does the same thing (like I originally said) ;-) That
| it'll work for him too.
|
| FrontPage doesn't like putting "components" into .php pages. In
"design"
| view of FrontPage, it may "look" like it's all there, but in the end,
there
| will be problems, plus it goes deeper than that but IMHO the only way to
| enjoy the benefits of PHP _and_ FrontPage (components, et al) is to do
the
| trick I mentioned in my PDF.
|

| --
| Chris Leeds,
| Microsoft MVP-FrontPage
|
| Make More Money with Less Work
| Let Your Clients Control Their Content With Just A Browser!
| http://contentseed.com/
| --
| "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)"
<[email protected]>
| wrote in message | hmmm...dunno.
|
| I do know that I am using Chris Leeds php/html trick and that does work
with
| no problems - my navs work fine.
|

| | | Still no luck.
| |
| | After setting themes to Active, the .gifs in my Navigation bars are
not
| | showing up in my .php files.
| |
| | It sounds like FP2003 does like publishing the navigation .gifs
associated
| | with .php files.
| |
| | Any other solutions?
| | John
| |
| |
| | "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)"
<[email protected]>
| | wrote in message | | When you go into Themes down at the bottom left you'll see a check box
for
| | Active Graphics.
| |
| |
| | |
| | | I apologize but I do not understand how to "select Active" on a
theme.
| | Can
| | | you give me a little more detail?
| | |
| | | - I followed your points below and see that the images in my .php
are
| | | missing.
| | | - I removed the content of my _overlay folder.
| | | - I reapplied a theme (BUT I didn't understand how to select
Active).
| | | - I recalculated the hyperlinks and then published it again.
| | |
| | | But have the same problem and don't know why images in my .php files
are
| | not
| | | in the _derived folder. :(
| | |