NASA release a new 1.5 BILLION pixel picture

Reaction score
Wow, apparently its over a 4 gig download

The video not quite as good I would expect but still fascinating

Now, in which star system did I leave my car keys?

I had a look on site however they are not allowing the full res image to be downloaded from what I see

Video clip below
http://www.slashgear.com/the-largest-ever-hubble-photo-shows-andromedas-glory-20365421/

Picture download from NASA largest file I can find is 349MB ish

http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/archive/releases/2015/02/image/a/warn/

Last edited:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Wow...! That is absolutely amazing, and awesome, in the true sense of that word. :nod:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
"is there anybody out there" ... "just nod if you can hear me"

:bow:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I just viewed the 20MB image and that is insane... it looks like it's grainy, whereas it's just millions of objects.

The new James Webb telescope is going to be bloody brilliant!

Reaction score
Yeah, I think they need to study things a little closer to us before expanding even further out though.

There are hundreds of millions of stars which could harbour life in our galaxy never mind a galaxy that would take millions of years to reach. I mean lets face it. Our race will probably never leave the milky way and its only 120 odd thousand light years across and approx 400billion stars. One step at a time I say

Use the James Webb for more detailed study of things here and thousands of years old rather than 100's of millions elsewhere

Singular light speed travel is still many generations off I think? Even then to make it viable it would need to be folding space or 50 - 100 times the speed of light to make a difference

Last edited:

Ask a Question