Mymsn won't load if no sessions open

D

D. Heym

If no online sessions are open and I click the IE icon I
get an all white screen with "m/'>here" in the upper left.
I'm connected by broadband cable. Clicking again on the
IE icon with open a session, also choosing a favorite.

G

I've had the same problem for about a month, and a few others have reported the same thing. But so far I have seen no suggestions other than the standard delete spyware responses. In my case, it only seems to happen the first time I access MSN after turning on the computer. But it is my home page. Perhaps if I open something else first, I wouldn't have the problem. Refresh always clears it.

G

For what its worth your not alone.I'v got the exact same problem and it seems to be only with my msn home page.if I make anything else my home page it opens fine.I;v run evey spyware,registry checker and virus program out there and still 9 times out of 10 my msn home page screen says ~m/'>here~.Could it be a promlem with MSN and not spyware..it seemed to start after msn changed the look of there web site.

G

I think I have eliminated the problem. I ran Hijack This and looked for suspicious items in the log file. There were 5 browser helper objects (BHO) listed. One had no name and no file associated with it. After backing up that branch of the registry, I deleted the suspect key, and now my MSN homepage loads every time. The registry key I deleted is

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC}

Ask a Question