My screen turns green!

Joe

I have Winxp pro SP2 and NVidia Geforce 6600 GT OC (AGP). Whenever I
play games on my computer, after 15 seconds, my screen starts flashing
green and I barely see anything else on my computer. When I exit the
game, the screen becomes normal again. I have the latest drivers. (81.98)

The problem is not the monitor. The same thing occurs on multiple monitors.

My system specs are:
Asus (unknown model number) mainboard
Pentium 4 HT 2.4 GHZ
1 GB DDR SDRAM

Carey Frisch [MVP]

My guess is your video card is defective
and should be exchanged under warranty.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------­----------------

:

| I have Winxp pro SP2 and NVidia Geforce 6600 GT OC (AGP). Whenever I
| play games on my computer, after 15 seconds, my screen starts flashing
| green and I barely see anything else on my computer. When I exit the
| game, the screen becomes normal again. I have the latest drivers. (81.98)
|
| The problem is not the monitor. The same thing occurs on multiple monitors.
|
| My system specs are:
| Asus (unknown model number) mainboard
| Pentium 4 HT 2.4 GHZ
| 1 GB DDR SDRAM

S.Sengupta

Does it happen with any game?or,with any particular game?
Check your graphic card.
Also try the microsoft.public.games news group.

regards,
S.Sengupta[MS-MVP]

Didjun

Hello, Joe!
You wrote on Fri, 10 Mar 2006 02:17:09 GMT:

J> I have Winxp pro SP2 and NVidia Geforce 6600 GT OC (AGP). Whenever I
J> play games on my computer, after 15 seconds, my screen starts
J> flashing
J> green and I barely see anything else on my computer. When I exit the
J> game, the screen becomes normal again. I have the latest drivers.
J> (81.98)

J> The problem is not the monitor. The same thing occurs on multiple
J> monitors.

J> My system specs are:
J> Asus (unknown model number) mainboard
J> Pentium 4 HT 2.4 GHZ
J> 1 GB DDR SDRAM

Had the same problem with an SLI version a while back.
In your performance and quality settings try this;
antialiasing - 8xS
anisotropic filtering - 16x
image settings - high quality
force mipmaps - trilinear